Josh Onomah

skarroki

He is a midfielder who doesn't tackle and just stands there as his opposite number wins a header, a winger who doesn't want to run forward with the ball and cross or a no.10 who doesn't want to get on the ball, and makes sure he stands stationery next to his marker, when JT or Jedi look forward for a pass. What does he do? Doesn't even work hard and get up with Scott, just hangs him out to dry with or without the ball.

Scapegoat my arse.

• Like 2

I have defended him before, but I start to see the criticism he's getting. He was supposed to replace Jack as the creative force in the middle, but just doesn't do enough. He has good technique and has potential, but he doesn't seem to apply himself enough and doesn't run as much as he should.

Must be a burden to play in a team where only Snodgrass is capable of creating anything though.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is a midfielder who doesn't tackle and just stands there as his opposite number wins a header, a winger who doesn't want to run forward with the ball and cross or a no.10 who doesn't want to get on the ball, and makes sure he stands stationery next to his marker, when JT or Jedi look forward for a pass. What does he do? Doesn't even work hard and get up with Scott, just hangs him out to dry with or without the ball.

Scapegoat my arse.

He actually made more tackles and completed more successful dribbles than any other player on the pitch tonight.

5 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I have defended him before, but I start to see the criticism he's getting. He was supposed to replace Jack as the creative force in the middle, but just doesn't do enough. He has good technique and has potential, but he doesn't seem to apply himself enough and doesn't run as much as he should.

Must be a burden to play in a team where only Snodgrass is capable of creating anything though.

He is not defended because he is good. It's because he is not as bad as people make out. For example had he been taking off at half time like many wanted it would have meant we would have continued being completely over run in the middle of the park because Hourihane was not in the game at all!  People seem to act like his the route of all our problems and taking him out the team will rectify them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is not defended because he is good. It's because he is not as bad as people make out. For example had he been taking off at half time like many wanted it would have meant we would have continued being completely over run in the middle of the park because Hourihane was not in the game at all!  People seem to act like his the route of all our problems and taking him out the team will rectify them. 

This. Conor is the one I would drop for next game. Invisible tonight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He was decent today. Probably our nest midfielder

Doesn't say much at all. He offers nothing going forward. To me he is a box to box player like Delph.. without the bite in the tackle and doesn't work has hard off the ball. Not good enough in my opinion. He may improve at Tottenham but he doesn't want to be here from what I can see of him. 

Just now, KSV said:

Doesn't say much at all. He offers nothing going forward. To me he is a box to box player like Delph.. without the bite in the tackle and doesn't work has hard off the ball. Not good enough in my opinion. He may improve at Tottenham but he doesn't want to be here from what I can see of him. 

I agree. He's not good enough.

But tonight he was ok.

Not great, but not bad either. I know that doesn't fit the VT narrative but there you go.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

But tonight he was ok.

Not great, but not bad either. I know that doesn't fit the VT narrative but there you go.

ok isn't good enough. That's all I am saying. Prefer we play our own than develop a guy who doesn't want to be here. 

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

ok isn't good enough. 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But tonight he was ok.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

Who says he doesn't want to be here? Has he said so himself?

It's one of those VT myths that everybody suddenly runs with.

Like Jenas was injured by a sprinkler or Sherwood had no say in transfers.

• Like 1

Â