Josh Onomah

skarroki

I’m a bit baffled as to why people think he was good second half? Clearly I missed something.

He is totally average at everything he does and he’s so lazy. Can’t wait for him to be back at spurs and we can just pretend he was never here. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 12:57, Stevo985 said:

He was very good all game. I think people are letting their opinions of the guy cloud their view of the game. 

One of our best players last night along with Grealish and Chester. 

No, no, no that never happens.

Errrrmmm What? I think he was as bad as he normally is. Lazy and doesn't give a shit, disinterested. Do people really think he was good in a 2nd half where we got dominated by a Leeds team with loads of academy players...:blink:

17 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Errrrmmm What? I think he was as bad as he normally is. Lazy and doesn't give a shit, disinterested. Do people really think he was good in a 2nd half where we got dominated by a Leeds team with loads of academy players...:blink:

If Bjarnasson had played like Onomah played on Friday people would be jizzing all over themselves in his thread.

He had a good game.

It's ok to think a player is crap and still admit they had a good game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If Bjarnasson had played like Onomah played on Friday people would be jizzing all over themselves in his thread.

He had a good game.

It's ok to think a player is crap and still admit they had a good game.

Of course it is, I just dont think he had a good game. Watch 1st half again and watch him jog around, not doing anything, not tracking back, bad passes, not controlling the ball. I can go on, but its my opinion. And if Bjarnarsson had played like Onomah, i would still think he was crap.

Edited by Taxahunter

Just now, Taxahunter said:

Of course it is, I just dont think he had a good game. Watch 1st half again and watch him jog around, not doing anything, not tracking back, bad passes, not controlling the ball. I can go on, but its my opinion

He was good first half and even better second half.

Just now, Taxahunter said:

I just dont agree and we dont have to, thats the good thing about opinions ;) 

This is no fun.

Agree with my opinion or throw your toys out of the pram!

This is VillaTalk after all :) 

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

Of course it is, I just dont think he had a good game. Watch 1st half again and watch him jog around, not doing anything, not tracking back, bad passes, not controlling the ball. I can go on, but its my opinion. And if Bjarnarsson had played like Onomah, i would still think he was crap.

I think he has been poor but he wasn't against leeds. 

Only snodgrass completed more passes than him. 

Only chester made more tackles

Only grealish completed more dribbles. 

He was really good against leeds and pretty much did everything a good cm should do. 

• Like 3

On 4/14/2018 at 11:57, Stevo985 said:

He was very good all game. I think people are letting their opinions of the guy cloud their view of the game. 

One of our best players last night along with Grealish and Chester. 

One of the better players on the pitch for me, throughout the game.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think he has been poor but he wasn't against leeds. 

Only snodgrass completed more passes than him. 

Only chester made more tackles

Only grealish completed more dribbles. 

He was really good against leeds and pretty much did everything a good cm should do. 

I can only repeat what I wrote earlier.  

I dont think he had a good game. Watch 1st half again and watch him jog around, not doing anything, not tracking back, bad passes, not controlling the ball. I can go on, but its my opinion. You can hide a lot in statistics and basically you can get the figures to show what you want. How many of his passes was forward/backward/sideways, over 2 meters/under2 meters and so on. I watched him during the game and for me he didnt do anything where I thought he had a good game, more the opposite. Leeds were hitting us on the counter 1st half and he was just jogging back, not in a hurry to get back and help the defence, I even think Whelan overran him...

But again, being one of the better players in a game where we weren terrible, isnt saying much. Actually I thought we were pathetic in most of the 1st half and more or less the whole 2nd half. We had a golden opportunity to score more goals and gain confidence, but we just werent up for it.

Edited by Taxahunter

2 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

That bit didn’t happen so maybe you’re wrong about Onomah as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Ok, so you think we were in control during 2nd half? I dont. Leeds came out totally changed from 1st half and pushed us back, even the commentators said so. Granted, Leeds never looked like scoring, but so did we.

Edited by Taxahunter

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

And maybe Im wrong in your opinion. I just expect more from our midfield, and in my opinion he wasnt good.

@Taxahunter are you sure you're talking about the Leeds game?

Onomah didn't have a good game? 
Villa were terrible?
Our midfield were dominated by academy players?

None of these things happened.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Ok, so you think we were in control during 2nd half? I dont. Leeds came out totally changed from 1st half and pushed us back, even the commentators said so.

If you expect any team to play as poorly as Leeds did in the first half, and come out and play exactly the same way in the 2nd half then... well.. erm.. ok.. 

Leeds were always going to have a 10/20 minute period where they play better, we completely nullified that threat and it was one of the most comfortable 1-0's I've ever seen.  I never had any doubt that we were in control, and could step up a couple of gears, even in that 10 min spell where they got about 2 corners.

Onomah played well.  He got the ball and drove at them, dribbled a couple of times and was composed on the ball (I wish Albert was as composed when he beat his man then smashed it across goal when he had an easy lay off on the penalty spot).  

He's got that demeanour which looks lazy, but he isn't - he just plays the game at his own pace, which is a good sign I think.  

I actually think on the whole, his season here has warranted some unfair criticism.  He has had bad games, but he's 21 isn't he?  He's still learning.  But I think there is a good player in there, certainly a decent PL midfielder.   

Â