Josh Onomah

skarroki

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's one of those VT myths that everybody suddenly runs with.

Like Jenas was injured by a sprinkler or Sherwood had no say in transfers.

Yeah, it seems to be a bit of an annoying assumption as of late. 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

He was 

Hourihane and Thor also had shockers but at least they got their shorts dirty 

Couldn't agree more. Thor is sh#t but runs his socks off, Onamah is sh#t and lazy. 

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is not defended because he is good. It's because he is not as bad as people make out. For example had he been taking off at half time like many wanted it would have meant we would have continued being completely over run in the middle of the park because Hourihane was not in the game at all!  People seem to act like his the route of all our problems and taking him out the team will rectify them. 

We were already being overrun in midfield with him in the team. He doesn't do any of the dirty work needed and when he has the ball he slows down our play, because he lack speed and vision. Never play him again in my opinion...

Thought he was our best midfielder by a mile last night. Yes, it didn’t come off but he was the only one trying to get it down and play when the rest of the team hoofed it long to Hogan. 

And as for not getting his shorts dirty, he had the most tackles on the team. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I think apart from Grabban he got the best rating out of any of our players on whoscored. Best stats in terms of passes, accuracy and tackles. Shows you how stats can mask a performance. 

or how opinions on a player can color the perceived performance.

Just now, omariqy said:

Yup true. I did think he was much better second half. 

so did I. out of our midfield yesterday Conor was the worst imo. completely out of the game and influencing nothing. at one point I even forgot that he was playing.

• Like 1

I've only ever been moderately impressed by him when he has played wide left, at least then he can use his pace and dribbling. It was a massive error to start with him in the centreand Bjarnasson on the left, there's more than enough evidence this season to demonstrate that it should have been the other way round.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've only ever been moderately impressed by him when he has played wide left, at least then he can use his pace and dribbling. It was a massive error to start with him in the centreand Bjarnasson on the left, there's more than enough evidence this season to demonstrate that it should have been the other way round.

I agree completely, although with the stipulation that Bjarnason is in no way a number 10 either, so 'in the centre' must mean 'in the centre in the defensive midfield position'. 

5 hours ago, omariqy said:

One thing I will say for Onomah is that we have yet to play him in his preferred position and the position where he excelled for England. DM. 

I think he did play DM in a cup match alongside Hourihane and Onomah was constantly out of position so Hourihane ended up looking like the DM. The match wasn't televised, but I remember reading that so I can very well be wrong.

The only time I thought Onomah looked good was when he was our starting CM and he was actually very good at dribbling and driving forward from a deeper position. Then Hourihane had some really good matches and Onomah was pushed to AM which is strange because Hourihane came to us as an AM.

6 hours ago, Milfner said:

Thought he was our best midfielder by a mile last night. Yes, it didn’t come off but he was the only one trying to get it down and play when the rest of the team hoofed it long to Hogan. 

And as for not getting his shorts dirty, he had the most tackles on the team. 

I posted this during the game. More often than not he didn't pull it off but he was the only one that wasn't shying away from the ball and trying to move it around.  

I don't get the hate. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I posted this during the game. More often than not he didn't pull it off but he was the only one that wasn't shying away from the ball and trying to move it around.  

I don't get the hate. 

I don’t think it’s hate it’s just is he really much better than o hare ?

of the loans this season he’s the one who has impressed least , hourihane was far worse last night than onomah though 

Â