Josh Onomah

skarroki

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I actually think on the whole, his season here has warranted some unfair criticism.  He has had bad games, but he's 21 isn't he?  He's still learning.  But I think there is a good player in there, certainly a decent PL midfielder.   

I agree.

He has had bad spells but he has also had a couple of good spells that are completely forgotten.

For the first 6-8 games of the season he was one of our best players, albeit we weren't firing by then so the standard of the rest of the team wasn't too high.

I see no evidence of him being a premier league level player tbh but he's not without talent. The Cardiff game was absolutely his best performance in central midfield, but he has had more poor displays there than good. For me, he looks better when he has played on the left. He uses his pace and skill on the ball to good effect out there. 

44 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I see no evidence of him being a premier league level player tbh but he's not without talent. The Cardiff game was absolutely his best performance in central midfield, but he has had more poor displays there than good. For me, he looks better when he has played on the left. He uses his pace and skill on the ball to good effect out there. 

I look at Jake Livermore and think, "this guy has more about him".

Whether he has the application, is up to him.  But I'd say he's more technically gifted and his natural physique is impressive - He could do far. 

57 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I look at Jake Livermore and think, "this guy has more about him".

Whether he has the application, is up to him.  But I'd say he's more technically gifted and his natural physique is impressive - He could do far. 

Image result for ooh matron

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

@Taxahunter are you sure you're talking about the Leeds game?

Onomah didn't have a good game? 
Villa were terrible?
Our midfield were dominated by academy players?

None of these things happened.

All of these things happened and if you would just use a couple of minutes on the match thread then you would see what I mean. I think you will find that quite a lot is sharing my view, so maybe in your view it didnt happen, but in my view it did and in others as well...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

All of these things happened and if you would just use a couple of minutes on the match thread then you would see what I mean. I think you will find that quite a lot is sharing my view, so maybe in your view it didnt happen, but in my view it did and in others as well...

giphy.gif

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/04/2018 at 11:57, Stevo985 said:

He was very good all game. I think people are letting their opinions of the guy cloud their view of the game. 

One of our best players last night along with Grealish and Chester. 

It was one of his better games, but I wouldn't say he was good all game.

There was a period late in the first half where I was **** fuming with him. Just after he had that awful shot following a brilliant little run, beating his man outside the area - he skied it, no big deal, but he seemed to let his head drop after that. There was a solid ten minutes late in the half after his miss, during which he hardly broke in to a jog. Players had the ball near him, and he wasn't moving to find space, or showing any interest in receiving the ball, he wasn't even running back to cover when they got the ball. He was just dawdling around.

He got his act together in the second half, to be fair to him, and it was a decent performance on the whole, but even on his good games, he has moments of doing absolute **** all.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, av1 said:

Played really well today. 

I thought our midfield was our weakest part of the team. Still don’t like him and Whelan together, puts too much pressure on Jack to create anything. That said it was a comfortable win. We will be playing much better teams than the tractor boys though.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Did well. Good to have in the squad, nowhere near a first team player 

I think he could be in the future, he will improve over time, he's still only 20, feels like he's been around for ages 

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Onamah, barney , jedi and whelan all starting in the same team and we win 4 -0 away - can’t be bad :D

I was thinking that. Josh motm for me - his best game for us.....if we got that as a starting point every week he’d be good for us.

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I get the feeling he's getting some flac for not being our player. 

100%

Don't get me wrong, he's had some stinkers. But he gets way too much stick on here. Hope he keeps this form up for the playoffs.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Â