Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Should be no where near the 1st team this season, Guilbert should have been back up to cash 

The turning his back for there equaliser was just pathetic, hopefully 2 more games and that’s him finished here 

Just now, Paulie said:

Turned his back away from the block that should have prevented the second goal.  Let us down today.

He has done it for his entire Villa career. 1st goal he was miles away from his position, 2nd he turned away and the 3rd goal came from the left back which again was his side

• Like 1

He has been a good servant for the club but today was simply not good enough, struggled with Zaha and far too limited going forward. With Traore ahead of him there needs to be a fb with the energy to get to the opponents byline to create space. Elmo doesn't have that unfortunately.

Really like the bloke. Been a top pro, regularly see him showing his support to the team despite being on the sidelines and all things considered, a really good buy. I’m almost tempted to say he was the best “Bruce signing”, he used to talk a lot about boxing clever with signings. Elmo is possibly the best example of that.

Having said that, think it should be Guilbert as the back up from now on. 

Wish Elmo well, and am glad he’s on course to play his last game for us with a crowd back to give him a decent send off.

• Like 3

The guy has been a steal, played for us when goodcand bad, was excited when I saw his first game and in the championship was reliable if not spectacular. However time waits for no man.

His legs are just not as capable now, he has always been quite passive but had the energy to keep going but now sadly he doesn't have the speed or stamina.

I'm baffled also by his insistence on giving it to yraore every time he had a chance to cross the ball against Palace. The idea of wide men is to get the bl out wide and I presume deliver the ball from out wide.

Yet pretty much every single time ( easily 16 plus times) he gave it to traore to lose it by going inside.

So any forward runs now get checked or they are offside, defenders have more chance to crowd him out as he is running directly into them every time.

Someone of elmos experience should have ignored traore 50% of the time and either gone for a first time ball or let traore take the player with him while elmo goes towards the line to deliver the ball.

He was never going to have a great game with traore in from of him. Totally lazy and passive right hand side which got pulled apart which I think 75% of villa talk knew would happen before a ball was kicked.

I wish him well though, he has been a total professional, respectful and an example to our younger players on how to handle being a footballer with the money and fame that comes with it. Always seems humble to me. A lot to like about him.

Edited by brummybloke

Yeah, thanks for the service Elmo. You also provided the cross for Anwar to score the first goal in the play off final and has been a great servant. 

I am a sentimental fool and if Sunday is his last game, I'd like him to come on near the end of the game.

1 hour ago, MentalM said:

I hope he sticks around as a coach or something. His professionalism should be used to influence the younger players

don't think i dreamt it  but I think  I  read somewhere the other day that he is club ambasador to the younger players ? ( or soemthing like that)

Edited by tonyh29

2 hours ago, MentalM said:

I hope he sticks around as a coach or something. His professionalism should be used to influence the younger players

I hope he doesn't. You're a long timed retired and he hasn't got an ounce of fat on him or shoes any signs of wear and tear

He's got 2 or 3 years left just not at this level.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I hope he doesn't. You're a long timed retired and he hasn't got an ounce of fat on him or shoes any signs of wear and tear

I have always had time for him.....but as we scale the heights of this league, we sadly have to leave him behind....He still has some good attributes, but not enough for the standard of football....His postional play is a bit suspect, goals conceded and regularly looks surprised.

You are right, its not his level....but he has been great value....and a very nice guy too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Excellent servant to the club. Likewise I hope he has a small part to play toward the end of Chelsea game, when we're coasting, so the fans can show their appreciation for his services. I think we'd do well to remember the disgraceful lack of professionalism in the squad when we went down, which was rectified, almost as the main priority, by players like Elmohamady.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 17:07, rodders0223 said:

Yeah dosen't quite feel like a Jedinak situation, he still has more to offer just not in the premier league.

If he's settled in the air I could easily see him playing for a Forest or someone like that next season, certainly feels the type Chris Hughton would sign as he had Bruno doing a great job at RB at Brighton for years.

Thought it was just a lazy Bruce signing but in fairness he's played good parts in all the seasons since so in terms of value him and HOurihane were miles above what else we were signing in 2017.

• Like 2

Â