Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Targett is just as much to blame as Elmo.

Why is he just allowing them to put in a ball into a danger area?

He should have done much more to deny them that cross.

Cant agree with that. Firstly its was a wonderful ball and Targett got wrong footed and had little chance to stop the cross. Elmo should have done better but credit to McGoldrick for a magnificent ball in the first place, the run and the way he adjested his feet to get the shot away. 

55 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Cant agree with that. Firstly its was a wonderful ball and Targett got wrong footed and had little chance to stop the cross. Elmo should have done better but credit to McGoldrick for a magnificent ball in the first place, the run and the way he adjested his feet to get the shot away. 

Most of our players could learn something from Mcgoldrick here......our movement before and after a pass is shocking.

Its like we just sit and admire every pass without going any where

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazmonkey said:

Most of our players could learn something from Mcgoldrick here......our movement before and after a pass is shocking.

Its like we just sit and admire every pass without going any where

You are just touching on something that winds me up, watching some of our games.....but you are bang on.....surely thats workrate, running off the ball, we need to be much better at it....our movement at times is low grade.

That back post, is one of the happiest hunting grounds for scoring goals, all the more reason to be tight in that position.....In contrast Trez is one of our few forwards, who gravitates to the back post for his glory,quite often...... Ray Graydon used to be a past master in the art of scoring there, its a playground for ball watchers and dreamboats....what better way to get up the scoring charts.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

You are just touching on something that winds me up, watching some of our games.....but you are bang on.....surely thats workrate, running off the ball, we need to be much better at it....our movement at times is low grade.

That back post, is one of the happiest hunting grounds for scoring goals, all the more reason to be tight in that position.....In contrast Trez is one of our few forwards, who gravitates to the back post for his glory,quite often...... Ray Graydon used to be a past master in the art of scoring there, its a playground for ball watchers and dreamboats....what better way to get up the scoring charts.

And El Ghazi too... Bert comes very central or stays wide. Lack of late runners too recently

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

It seems to me people are just happy to accept the odd moment of good play instead consistency within a game. Ray Graydon was a prime example of a player who wasn't blessed with outstanding skill but you always got a performance out of him. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It seems to me people are just happy to accept the odd moment of good play instead consistency within a game. Ray Graydon was a prime example of a player who wasn't blessed with outstanding skill but you always got a performance out of him. 

I think as another poster touched on we have good moments in a game, where we score goals.....we are not good enough to dominate games, unless we come across, teams who just surrender possession like Sheff Utd.

To get to the top half of the table, the midfield needs to be much better than what we have....They need to be solid on the ball and dictate play, be dominant in all aspects, on the floor and in the air....and be precision passers of the ball....they need to be able to win the initiative consistently....we have a way to go.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

we are not good enough to dominate games, unless we come across, teams who just surrender possession like Sheff Utd.

Do you not think that is down to coaching though?

Do you not think we'd have higher possession stats with Guardiola or Bielsa?

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Absolutely..If you look at most of el ghazi trez and poss traore...a lot of their goals have come from the back post.

If they gambled a bit more..and have better movement...they would get more chances 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Do you not think that is down to coaching though?

Do you not think we'd have higher possession stats with Guardiola or Bielsa?

We have got Dean and I would prefer to see him improve the team over the years.....He has worked wonders with the defence.....needs to turn his attention to the 6 infront and I am sure he will.

He has proved he can develop the side over time, so I say, just let him get on with it.......There will be bad games along the way, we just have to be sure we still improve on the whole...if the graph is an upward trajectory with a few plataeu's along the way, so be it.

• Like 1

Dire again.

Asleep most of the game, can't cross, can't run, can't pass. Useless.

Traore being quiet was down to Traore also being dire.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Dire again.

Asleep most of the game, can't cross, can't run, can't pass. Useless.

Traore being quiet was down to Traore also being dire.

He was solid as a rock right place right time he just isn't an outlet at all anymore and hampers us greatly going forward

Â