Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

5 hours ago, blunther said:

“Christian is a great man,” Elmohamady says. “He said if I wanted to do some coaching after my career then Villa would allow me to do that. I also have so much respect for the gaffer. He told me before he signed Cashy that he was going to be the new right-back and that he wanted me to compete with him. “Then he explained to me in advance that he had three other right backs — Cashy, (Frederic) Guilbert and Kaine Kesler — all under contract, so I would not be staying any longer. It gave me time to prepare for what to do next. He’s always honest and tells his players the truth. Not all managers are like that. “These people also love Aston Villa and are working their socks off to make the club better.”

Probably one for the Guilbert thread, but I feel this comment confirms Guilbert was only sent on loan to get game time whilst we waited until Elmo's contract expired, and that Guilbert was still 2nd choice.

Top man Elmo

What I did find a bit odd, is that he lives just outside London, despite playing for Sunderland, Hull and Villa! It says he lived in Sunderland at first but I wonder what prompted the move down there. More of an Egyptian community?

7 hours ago, blunther said:

It's lovely how many players really develop a fondness for us when they join. Elmo seems a top fella, good luck to him.

Thanks for posting the above. I don't read many of the long posts on here but I enjoyed reading that. Elmo will do well whatever he chooses to do.

• Like 1

Fantastic interview. If i'm honest, I've been keeping an eye out for his name on the BBC Football Transfers webpage. seems crazy to me that no one has snapped him up yet as hes pretty much ever present, cheap and always puts in 100% effort. Would be great for a newly promoted team on a budget as backup or for a championship team looking to mount a promotion challenge. He will get so many assists in the championship

24 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Fantastic interview. If i'm honest, I've been keeping an eye out for his name on the BBC Football Transfers webpage. seems crazy to me that no one has snapped him up yet as hes pretty much ever present, cheap and always puts in 100% effort. Would be great for a newly promoted team on a budget as backup or for a championship team looking to mount a promotion challenge. He will get so many assists in the championship

think he is weighing up his options, probably his last contract so probably doesnt want to rush into it

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

think he is weighing up his options, probably his last contract so probably doesnt want to rush into it

True, the article did mention he was holding offers. He could do an uncle albert and go the QPR route, that would be a good team for him.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/08/2021 at 17:28, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Probably one for the Guilbert thread, but I feel this comment confirms Guilbert was only sent on loan to get game time whilst we waited until Elmo's contract expired, and that Guilbert was still 2nd choice.

Hmm maybe not 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

❤️

I love the way that certain players, despite not being “one of our own”, take our club to their hearts…

Even players who have played for a lot of clubs…

John Carew is another one who played for some massive clubs, achieved a lot and won big trophies with them, but still has a soft spot for us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â