Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Not at all surprised they offered him a route into coaching, the guy is a consummate pro. 

I wouldn't have believed anyone when he signed if they said I'd be sad about him leaving, but here we are. He really won me around. 

Assisted some crucial goals for us, and always a model pro. Given the performances this season, I'm happy to see him move on for the best of both of us.

Would be welcomed back as a coach in a few years to teach the next generation how to cross from right back, all the best to him. 

I love Elmo.

I was glad when we signed him, always happy to see him on the team sheet, and recognise that the time is right for him to go.

He became something of an icon in my household; I can't recall the match specifically, but when I started taking my brother to VP regularly, he came on as a sub, and made 2 or 3 awful, and I mean awful, mistakes. Early part of second championship season maybe?

My brother did not care for him. He would bemoan his inclusion on even the bench every match. I took to cheering his name during the run down of the squad with rapturous applause at every match. I'd shout things like -ELMO-, -THE EGYPTIAN PRINCE-, or -MY MAN AHMED- whenever he whipped in one of those delicious crosses, won the ball from an opponent, or took a shot at goal. I dare not type out the incantation I would declare when he scored, should I invoke the wrath of Ra himself.

In time my brother came to appreciate what Elmo was able to provide for the team, regardless of my inane ramblings, which frankly, cheapened the efforts of the man. 

He did the very best he could for us. I hope he goes on to great things.

Good night, sweet prince.

• Like 1

Could swing in a mean cross...will miss those.  When you think of some of the unprofessional dross we signed around the same time as Elmo  he has stood out head and shoulders above players we squandered millions on.

Top pro, sad to see him go but all things come to an end and he has helped us on our way.

111 games for us and 92 caps for Egypt. He did what it says on the tin. He always gave his best, was so reliable and actually became a better player the longer he was with us. Played more games for Hull, but he has become one of us (like so many players do). Good luck for the future Elmo! 

image.jpeg.0d3ada827410a5ba63c2d7c817aa6449.jpeg Don't underestimate Ahmed Elmohamady - 7500 To Holte

• Like 2

Proper footballer, nothing bad to say about him. Put in some good shifts for us over the years and no doubt was a leader off the pitch as well as on. It's people like Elmo that helped get this club back on the right track.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Always felt when he had the ball in the final third he was capable of real quality and it was always an opportunity to get excited when he rolled the ball out of his feet , especially amongst the dross we has served up the years prior.

One of the few fullbacks before our renaissance to actually be a footballer in a long time.

I enjoyed watching him.

A very dependable player.

I thought there was an outside chance he would be given a 1 year extension to essentially be an emergency back-up for the RB/CB positions in case we had an injury crisis. Guess Smith sees enough alternative options.

Â