Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Thought I would comment on his time at Villa. Just gets on with the job when required. Probably why he has less than 100 pages of comments in nearly 4 years at the club.

Pound for pound has been a really good signing and has played a really big part in our promotion and subsequent re-establishment in the top flight.

I am sure he could get a championship club for next season. He must have a couple of years left in him.

• Like 2

I'll be honest and say when we signed him and the Bruce years I hated him, he was the epitome of Bruce ball, that minute+ long spell of pointless passes across the back 4 followed by a long ball down the line in to space behind his opposite full back for someone to chase down, urgh really pissed me off, horrible football

Under Smith he was OK, solid back up, great crosser from deep

Great guy off the pitch no doubt 

• Like 1

Good luck Elmo. I really hope to see you back as a coach at Bodymoor in a few years but you have got one more contract left in you. Top bloke, model professional and clearly love Aston Villa. Best wishes to the Egyptian King. 

Good luck to the guy, never his biggest fan especially in Bruceball when he wasted possession so much. Improved under Smith and was a lot better. Premier League this season was probably a season too much though

Seems a medel pro and will do a job in Championship

For a long time I wanted him gone, now I’m sad to see him leave. I got it wrong Elmo, you did what you were signed to do.

Ta

Just seen what he said about joining the coaching staff one day. Do it Villa.

Edited by a m ole

I love Elmo man, he's been a fantastic servant. Extremely underrated played for us in the Championship - him coming in for Hutton played a massive role in our upturn in form towards the end of the season and je was arguably our best performer across the three playoff games.

Just hadn't really got the athleticism in him anymore to consistently cut it at this level, but still put in an admirable shift when necessary and had a direct hand in some big moments for us from the assist for Trez in the semi-final, the equaliser against Newcastle and so forth.

Big love for King Elmo, all the best to him.👑

Â