John Terry

Farlz

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Check out his Instagram. Every time we win he’s on their congratulating the goal scorers, Johnstone for his clean sheets and the team.  Getting praise from a skipper of the quality and legendary status of John Terry must mean a lot. Players love to play for him (you don’t captain Chelsea for that long and at that age if you don’t) and he is in this for the football (why the hell else would you join Villa at 36 when China and US offer you the world for an easy and loaded retirement).

I love JT and have come to look up to him a bit in terms of his fitness levels, determination and commitment. Incredible considering he was a rocket polisher only 4 months ago...

I have to agree.  He has changed A LOT !!!!  ^_^

He has been faultless for me so far and great he is growing part of the culture here.

If he Captains us back to the Premier League this season then thanks very much and we are back to where we belong, JT goes on to pursue other interests. It's job done.     :thumb:

Great professional.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

On 10/1/2017 at 18:29, Dave J said:

TRO - I wouldn't put him anywhere near the " Macca class " but then again I'm struggling to put anybody else in this catagory either - he really was that good wasn't he?

Well i would imagine macca would swap medals with him, but i get your drift, but bear in mind, we have Terry at 36, we had macca early 30's.......but like I say.....yes macca all day for me......but JT has been a very good player.

8 hours ago, Nigel said:

Bet he still has Kodge up against the lockers!

I hope so. 

26 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Nah, Just his girlfriend

If be can turn Kodjia into a team player I'll through in my girlfriend aswell. 

23 hours ago, Spoony said:

Check out his Instagram. Every time we win he’s on their congratulating the goal scorers, Johnstone for his clean sheets and the team.  Getting praise from a skipper of the quality and legendary status of John Terry must mean a lot. Players love to play for him (you don’t captain Chelsea for that long and at that age if you don’t) and he is in this for the football (why the hell else would you join Villa at 36 when China and US offer you the world for an easy and loaded retirement).

I love JT and have come to look up to him a bit in terms of his fitness levels, determination and commitment. Incredible considering he was a rocket polisher only 4 months ago...

Do you think it’s him doing it?  I hope it is, and certainly some of it seems it must be (pics with kids, family etc). Just a little sceptical given some of the episodes we’ve seen with other players, and he seems to be on there so so much. 

I guess though, even if it is someone managing it, the positives you mention will hold true.  

And generally, absolutely agree with your sentiments 

On 02/10/2017 at 13:21, mrjc said:

Agreed - his quality will be difficult / expensive to replace next year.  I guess I'm assuming he won't be around as (a) he doesn't want to play Chelsea in the PL and (b) not sure we'll be able to afford him if we don't go up.  Let's hope he leads us to promotion so we at least have the funds to replace

Without getting way ahead of ourselves, surely we can offer a contract which includes not playing against Chelsea? 

Mind you by then he will be fully converted and want to smash them into next week whilst kissing the lion on his shirt. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Without getting way ahead of ourselves, surely we can offer a contract which includes not playing against Chelsea? 

Mind you by then he will be fully converted and want to smash them into next week whilst kissing the lion on his shirt. 

We have a 12 month option provided both parties are agreed ; missing the Chelsea games wouldn’t be a problem although he may well decide in time he would quite fancy a return to the bridge and the sort of heroes welcome he would receive .

14 hours ago, mrjc said:

Do you think it’s him doing it?  I hope it is, and certainly some of it seems it must be (pics with kids, family etc). Just a little sceptical given some of the episodes we’ve seen with other players, and he seems to be on there so so much. 

I guess though, even if it is someone managing it, the positives you mention will hold true.  

I'd say it's unlikely that he does and that it's managed by a professional. 

On 03/10/2017 at 21:07, mrjc said:

Are you suggesting maybe his phone does it without his knowledge as he slips it into his pocket? ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Are you suggesting maybe his phone does it without his knowledge as he slips it into his pocket? ;)

An all-too-common affliction among aging Villa defenders....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â