John Terry

Farlz

I am hoping as he gets games under his belt, the more we will see the benefit of him in the team. He hasn't played much in the last twelve months so needs to regain match sharpness, and learn his new team mates. Contrary to other players picked up from top teams who have barely played (naming no names Micah), this guy has a winning mentality, a fire in him to do well, and knows how to defend, which will help our team no end if he stays fit.

He must be gaining confidence and spirit from the fact we've now kept three clean sheets in a row, and had a dominant performance today.  Yes, he's hugely experienced, but he's also made a big change this summer, and that would impact most people.  He's come into some really poor performances and a lot of negativity, which he just won't be used to at all.  So while we (rightly) expect him to be someone to help us overcome these things, it's also not unreasonable for him to have to adapt.  

I think he's looked decent throughout, but in the last couple of games has started to stand out - hopefully it continues.  If we get more of the Terry mentality we are familiar with running through the team, that can only be a good thing.

Been excellent the last two games. Said on Tuesday he looked so comfortable it was unreal, but didn't want to get too complimentary given he spent most of the game against 10 men.

But same again today. Looked a step ahead of everyone else.

I think he's been decent since he got here, but he seems to be improving anyway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Been excellent the last two games. Said on Tuesday he looked so comfortable it was unreal, but didn't want to get too complimentary given he spent most of the game against 10 men.

But same again today. Looked a step ahead of everyone else.

I think he's been decent since he got here, but he seems to be improving anyway.

Don't think he is used to being a backs to the wall defender for 90 minutes. lol

Oozes class when games are normal though.

20 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He'll be making a play for manager.

Yeah possibly later on his career, I would like to see him as a coach or assistant manager first

terry has done well so far. I must admit I did not expect him to play as many games as he has so far

Looking very smart and dapper today at the bridge watching Chelsea v Arsenal - I'd expect him to be rested midweek ready for forest on Saturday - beginning to look a very good partnership with Chester and Terry's passing in possession is something we've lacked in recent times . 

Â