John Terry

Farlz

Even though he's coming to the end of his career he's a joy to watch at times. Whilst thinking about promotion It's also quite sobering to think what we will come up against next season (should we go up) given that Terry looked shot to pieces in the PL. 

Edited by av1

21 hours ago, TRO said:

He's up there in the Macca class.

but not quite as good.:)

TRO - I wouldn't put him anywhere near the " Macca class " but then again I'm struggling to put anybody else in this catagory either - he really was that good wasn't he?

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He's brilliant at this level. He'll get exposed for pace every now and then, but he's class.

This is something that has been levelled at him throughout his career and to his credit he's overcome this with his  knowledge of the game, organisational skills, ability to read the game and snuff out danger - maybe the Prem will be a step to far - - however I'm hoping we will put this to the test next year.

Sorry if has already been posted?

Loving the new chant:-

To the tune of September, by Earth, Wind and Fire:

“1,2,3,4, Terry’s our defender, oooohhhh, ohhhhhh.

“He plays with James Chester, oooohhhh, ohhhhh,

“Never gives the ball away!”

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Ha ha, that is total quality! 

45 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I just watched September on YouTube to remind me of the song. What a time to be alive!! 

On 30/09/2017 at 20:45, av1 said:

Even though he's coming to the end of his career he's a joy to watch at times. Whilst thinking about promotion It's also quite sobering to think what we will come up against next season (should we go up) given that Terry looked shot to pieces in the PL. 

Agreed - his quality will be difficult / expensive to replace next year.  I guess I'm assuming he won't be around as (a) he doesn't want to play Chelsea in the PL and (b) not sure we'll be able to afford him if we don't go up.  Let's hope he leads us to promotion so we at least have the funds to replace

I was getting slightly wound up by the Bolton fans booing his every touch, even though they have probably never seen him on a pitch before!.

...till i realised i was the same when he'd come with Chelsea!

Championships pantomime villain!

Â