John Terry

Farlz

Amateurish tackle for the free kick that resulted in a goal and he was lucky to not concede at least two penalties with hand balls. I do not understand why he jumps out with his arms out like he does.

He was shaky last week and cost us Norwich's second goal and he cost us another goal today. We rightly should expect better and frankly Chester and Baker looked a more solid partnership.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This guy is a master of handballs, jesus christ.

This has been the case his whole career, I've probably seen him "accidentally" handball it while blocking a shot about 30 times over the years, as of yet I've not seen a pen given against him for it. Used to drive me crazy how he constantly got away with it, find it quite amusing now lol

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually think he is being slightly exposed.

Big difference between having a Chelsea type team and quality around and in front of you. to this.

I am not buying it if honest. we are a second division team and even if exposed he should have quality to show better ability.e.g  I have seen Richard Dunne carry lesser players like Richards and St.Ledger at a higher level so no excuse for Terry

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I am not buying it if honest. we are a second division team and even if exposed he should have quality to show better ability.e.g  I have seen Richard Dunne carry lesser players like Richards and St.Ledger at a higher level so no excuse for Terry

Thats kinda what I meant.

I meant having lesser players around him might be showing that he is not actually as good as acclaimed (Or at least, anymore), or used to this tempo.

Not trying to take anything away from him because we have to also take his age into consideration but, yes.

Having high quality players around him at Chelsea would have made his job much easier.

• Like 1

Think he's showing already why some of us didn't want him. Said start of the thread he's coming out of semi retirement to join us, will be 37 in a couple of months.. and looking like it.

I'm still fuming we sold Baker to essentially fund Terry and Samba for just a year. Broke up the 5th best defence in the league, looking like another Bruce "masterstroke"

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Didn't want him because he's old and slow. Still don't want him because he's old and slow. 

Same here. Though I hope that he has a positive influence in the dressing room and can play a role in educating our younger players. From what I have seen so far he contributes in our attacking play as he is a good passer and often picks a good measured pass instead of just hoofing or wacking it away. Defensively though he is just as I feared. I think the goal exposes his weaknesses. First he was clumsy and slow and unnecessarily gave the free kick away. Then when the ball went ping pong in the area you could see on the replay how Chester managed to throw his body in front of the ball at two occations in this short time frame, whereas Terry during the same time mostly stood still. Terry's performance in this sequence reminded me of Lescott.

I am surprised that Terry has lasted this long without getting injured considering the amount of games he has played over the last years. It's a bit worrying that we only have Samba and Elphick as a cover.

On 8/26/2017 at 15:52, Keyblade said:

He looked like Clark in his heyday out there.

C'mon key mate, he is miles the better player and one performance don't make a player :D. I think he'll benefit us over the season.

• Thanks 1

Â