John Terry

Farlz

John Terry is/was a word class defender. 

We have players in our team who were TOP championship players before they joined us.

At some point you HAVE to blame management and coaches. Villa is ridden with players who WERE good, WERE leaders for their team yet now a shadow of their former selves. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pas5898 said:

John Terry is/was a word class defender. 

We have players in our team who were TOP championship players before they joined us.

At some point you HAVE to blame management and coaches. Villa is ridden with players who WERE good, WERE leaders for their team yet now a shadow of their former selves. 

Oh I'm quite a long way past that point. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he played like he was pissed up, an absolute embarrassment. Apart from another woeful personal display, it's obvious that he isn't bringing any organisation or cohesion to the defence. 

Selling Baker to play Terry was a disgrace.

• Like 1

The alarm bells starting ringing for me when our "captain" chose to attend a tennis match rather than participate in a preseason friendly for his new club. It was clear his heart wasn't in it to begin with. 

I'm just so sorry Baker had to be made surplus to bring in Terry for a year.

• Like 1

Interesting, I'm surprised to see most of these views after today. I thought positionally he looked off a couple of times, and maybe I'd expect to see more 'leadership' (although difficult to tangibly think what that means). But not to any major extent on either point. 

On the flip side, I think at times he still looks a very good defender (as we should expect). He reads things and cuts them out, and a few times in the first half he seemed visibly impatient with the lack of impetus - intercepting and then venturing forward, trying to get balls out wide to Elmo, for example.

Basically I agree with @Uncle Albert, I think Chester has looked strangely out of sorts and is playing worse than Terry 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

The alarm bells starting ringing for me when our "captain" chose to attend a tennis match rather than participate in a preseason friendly for his new club. It was clear his heart wasn't in it to begin with. 

I'm just so sorry Baker had to be made surplus to bring in Terry for a year.

Or the time he drove down to colchester when he was told to stay home so he could sit with the young lads and be with the squad before the game.

There's always a story.

I must need my eyes testing. I thought he was solid. 

Solid? The defence was a shambles today and he's the one who's supposed to be organising it. Its a miracle we didn't lose by 3 or 4 today. If Brentford hadn't just lost all their best players, or dare I say still had Hogan up front, we would have been well and truly battered. 

gut feeling is that he's not going to work out here. Part time trainer, not seeing the passion he had at Chelsea, all seems like a comfy pay check unfortunately. Terry, Snodgrass, Whealen, Elmo... a lot of money wasted based on the 'experience' 'add a bit of steel' and 'know how how to win' arguments, I'd have rather we'd spent that money on getting a proper manger and builder a younger team that is together and played for each other, with these lot it all feels a bit disjointed. Players signed more on history and name rather than how they will fit into a system and way of playing. 

Edited by honest_bertie

Â