John Terry

Farlz

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If you said to me 10 years ago we would today have steve bruce as our manager and john terry as our captain i would have thought you would have just come out of a insane asylum

Yep! 2007/08 season though, oh to have another one like that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Really happy about this signing I think this is a signing between promotion and mid table

It really shouldn't be though considering what we've spent over the last year.

To repeat, we are not trying to break into the top 4 and secure a champions league spot, we are trying to get a top 6 spot in the second division. Our squad imo in terms of talent is already good enough to achieve that, our mentality is not and hasn't been for years.

Not a huge fan of Terry but hopefully his sheer will and drive to win will massively help us and guide us to more than 3 away wins which was criminal last year.

Welcome JT. I am glad to have you here and look forward to your leadership.

I think it is a compliment to our club, that of all the offers he had, and for more money offered no doubt in US and China, that he has CHOSEN to come here. I read somewhere that he has had about ten to twelve offers.

Thanks JT for seeing something in us, that hopefully, we are going up and that you want in on that. All that time at Chelsea and you think you still have something to give, you;re a fantastically wealthy man who doesn't need the money, so you are clearly playing for the love of the game AND that you WANT to be wearing the claret and blue. Thanks also to TOny and Bruce for being willing to risk spending all that money on a 36 year old in his final couple of years, and furthermore having the balls and the ability to pull this transfer off. 

Again, welcome JT. Loving it.

Have some of that you f------ bluenose b-------s.

• Like 4

I think he will turn out to be a decent signing but doubt very much that he will play enough games to propel us single handedly into the top 6. We are a mess of a club and it will take a lot more than a 36 year old bit player to get us near the play offs. However, it's a good start to the window, and it's a signing that will hopefully encourage a few other quality players to join. So in summary. a good addition, but with his signing, it seems expectations are getting seriously high. Especially for a club that finished bottom half last season and relies on one (injured) player for goals.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I think he will turn out to be a decent signing but doubt very much that he will play enough games to propel us single handedly into the top 6. We are a mess of a club and it will take a lot more than a 36 year old bit player to get us near the play offs. However, it's a good start to the window, and it's a signing that will hopefully encourage a few other quality players to join. So in summary. a good addition, but with his signing, expectations are getting seriously high it seems, for a club that finished bottom half last season.

Top 6 ? Why set your sights so low -  Huddersfield finsished 19th and went up the next year  - last season is gone .

we are starting this season with a far better more settled side.

Edited by Eastie

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Top 6 ? Why set your sights so low -  Huddersfield finsished 19th and went up the next year  - last season is gone .

Because I think we are miles away from being any more than that. We were abysmal last season and relied almost entirely on one man to score us goals. Now that he is injured, and may not be back for some time, I think that top 6 would be some achievement considering how bad we really are. 

In addition, there's nothing wrong with having realistic expectations for the coming season. I fear a lot of people are going to get very frustrated very soon when the season starts and we aren't near the top 2 after a month or so. This in turn will cause people to get on the players' backs and so on... We are a mid table Championship club whose aim has to be to try and get promoted any way we can, but I think we are far away from making that a reality. JT will help, but we need more quality players. Hopefully they are on their way.

Edited by One For The Road

Â