John Terry

Farlz

New GK

Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Jedi

Adomah Lansbury Hourihane

Kodjia   Hogan

subs from: Bunn, De Laet, Baker, RMC, Grealish, Green,

That's a pretty good side, and probs the best defence in the league.

• Like 1

The former England and Chelsea captain, 36, has received contract proposals from clubs including Galatasaray, West Bromwich Albion and Swansea

The 3 corners of the football universe, right there!

• Like 3

The former England and Chelsea captain, 36, has received contract proposals from clubs including Gary Glitter, Adolf Hitler and Josef Fritzel but is joining Villa after extensive talks in the past few days.

Fixed for the pessimists.

• Like 1

I know this is a great coup for the club, I know he's a great player, and I know this can only help us towards promotion... but it feels so.... urgh. :):(

• Like 1

Delighted with this signing!  He's had some trouble in the past, I dont care.  Born leader, played very recently at a very high level and a great defender whose far better than anybody we have currently

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrDuck said:

I know this is a great coup for the club, I know he's a great player, and I know this can only help us towards promotion... but it feels so.... urgh. :):(

It's a grin and bear it signing. 

• Like 1

On 01/07/2017 at 11:06, KSV said:

missed a trick not announcing together with the new kit 

Really - I would have thought the kit and sponsors double the exposure by announcing JT a couple of days later.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

really hope we are not paying Terry the reported 100k a week, all for him to play for us, but 100k at Championship level, even for a year is just absurd.

It's reported as 60k per week in most sources so far.

7 minutes ago, supermon said:

really hope we are not paying Terry the reported 100k a week, all for him to play for us, but 100k at Championship level, even for a year is just absurd.

Has it ever been reported as 100k a week? That's what blues offered him, reportedly. Never us

5 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Isn't it £60k a week and then a bonus if we get promoted?

Yes. Well, some sort of bonus to push it up to £4m a year, one would assume the bonus is based on promotion.

With no transfer fee, £4m a year for a player like Terry (if he performs as well as we all hope he will) is great business.

• Like 3

Â