John Terry

Farlz

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

He will have one eye on learning how to become a manager, sticking close to Steve Bruce......I see him having a big influence on us.

Yep as close as he did with Di Matteo when at Chelsea. Said it before but if Villa start badly next season then Bruce has signed his successor.

• Like 2

Just now, striker said:

Yep as close as he did with Di Matteo when at Chelsea. Said it before but if Villa start badly next season then Bruce has signed his successor.

I can't work out if the people who keep saying this think it's a bad thing or a good thing, or if it's just another chance to have a dig at Bruce. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If he was after a pay day and an easy life he'd have gone to the far east or MLS. There would be no shortage of takers and he'd probably be paid double at least what he's getting here.

Playing a 46 game season in the Championship isn't an easy payday

Thing is though he probably won't play 46 games or anywhere near that.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I can't work out if the people who keep saying this think it's a bad thing or a good thing, or if it's just another chance to have a dig at Bruce. 

No mate not having a dig at all at Bruce. I just think it's odd that a manager who is already under tremendous pressure to get Villa promoted this season signs someone who might be the fore runner to take his place if sacked. Surely that's only going to increase the pressure on Bruce?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

There could be games where Terry and Baker play together.

You could see the world record for most knee height headers attempted in a game. 

We could do with another centre half with a bit of pace TBH.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Not excited by this, starting to worry that theres a lack of long term planning at the club and Xia's tenure could end up like Lerner's if we keep throwing money about. Is he still worth 60,000 per week in the Championship? For that kind of money at this level you'd want him to be a near ever-present throughout the campaign. I'd be so happy to be proved wrong, but I really can't bring myself to feel the excitement that most fans have for this signing. Time will tell I guess!

If it makes you feel any better, Huddersfield got promoted with a 35 year old Dean Whitehead spearheading their midfield, Brighton had arguably the best right back in the league and captain, Bruno, who is 36. 

Whilst I do share some reservations around how many games Terry can actually play, this could equally be a bit of a masterstroke. 

• Like 4

This is like Christmas come early for the never happy brigade in Villa's fan base.

One of the most successful English players ever has chosen to join Villa. I'm really pleased the club have pulled this off.

• Like 3

thats what they said on the intro , no sign yet , perhaps I misheard , I thought they said something along the lines of " Bruce talking about beating off other teams ( no sophomoric giggling in the back) and Arry about missing out"

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

He will have one eye on learning how to become a manager, sticking close to Steve Bruce......I see him having a big influence on us.

Caretaker after Bristol away

Welcome JT, agree with BOF's post above essentially.

Who is next?!? Hopefully it could lead us to bring in a few promising loan deals too if money is indeed a little tighter for us this coming season...

8 minutes ago, striker said:

No mate not having a dig at all at Bruce. I just think it's odd that a manager who is already under tremendous pressure to get Villa promoted this season signs someone who might be the fore runner to take his place if sacked. Surely that's only going to increase the pressure on Bruce?

I think the arrival of Terry only increases Bruce's chances of succeeding and it's a positive lift for the club .

im sure Bruce can handle the pressure and really think our chances of promotion are excellent. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Infinte_Pest said:

Bruce and Harry on SSN now talking about the transfer

'arry - "triffic player the john lad"

"football innet"

"Big clab dis Berminham"

"gotta go feed da dog - wawk da misses"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think the arrival of Terry only increases Bruce's chances of succeeding and it's a positive lift for the club .

im sure Bruce can handle the pressure and really think our chances of promotion are excellent. 

Yes mate that's the other point of view and hopefully for Villa the right one although I have my doubts?

• Like 1

Â