John Terry

Farlz

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Either was mourinho but now most that I have spoken to are very happy with him.

No word on backroom team yet. But with his Chelsea love I don't think he will risk it with Chelsea fans who love him so.much

The team I mentioned above has now been confirmed.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2019 at 09:58, AntrimBlack said:

Everyone living in the British Isles is British, be they English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh. The United Kingdom consists of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. `Great', by the way, in this context, only means large - as in the largest of the islands which makes up the British Isles. 

1. Irish people are not British by any definition.

2. The “British Isles” is a contested term. You’re welcome to consider them whatever you please. Include Iceland for all you like. But the government of Ireland disputes that Ireland is part of the “British Isles”.

3. The “Great” in GB does not relate to the British Isles, it relates to Brittany.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I find it disgusting if he is hoping for a Chelsea win today!

I don’t think a professional like him would do that. Its not as if Chelsea won they’d win the league. They’ll stay as they are.

Actually I think he’ll want to beat Lampard again. 

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He haven't.

That's why i said if!

That's just mischief making.

He is a professional and works for Aston Villa......when he is not and in his own time, he's a self confessed Chelsea fan......what is wrong with that.

How many managers of other clubs have been Villa Fans, didn't stop them beating us.

These people are professionals its their job, they have a different kind of emotional attachment than we do.....In the main we are fans for life, they are like butterflies and gain some emotional attachment, but not like ours.

PS Its a win, win for him tonight.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Do we need to bring in another more experienced coach to help with the defensive parts in training?

Tbh I'm not even sure that is what Terry does so it's not a critique against him, but we are struggling with this aspect.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Do we need to bring in another more experienced coach to help with the defensive parts in training?

Tbh I'm not even sure that is what Terry does so it's not a critique against him, but we are struggling with this aspect.

It has nothing to do with JT.

It's Smith who set's up the shape and giving instructions. It's Smith who is telling our midfielders to bomb forward leaving us exposed at the back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's Smith who set's up the shape and giving instructions. It's Smith who is telling our midfielders to bomb forward leaving us exposed at the back.

I also attended Dean Smith's pre match briefing with the players. That instruction was right after he told Mings to keep getting the ball stuck under his feet iirc.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Question still stands, do we need to bring in someone new to the coaching set up to help us develop the defensive aspect of our game?

And if Terry has "nothing to do with it" what is it you think our coaches and assistants are hired to do here. Of course Terry is involved in training.

• Like 1

On 09/12/2019 at 11:43, sne said:

Question still stands, do we need to bring in someone new to the coaching set up to help us develop the defensive aspect of our game?

And if Terry has "nothing to do with it" what is it you think our coaches and assistants are hired to do here. Of course Terry is involved in training.

The answer to your question is 'the coaching team we have should be able to set a better defensive shape, but if they can't, then we need coaches who can'. We won't stay up conceding goals at the rate we are currently. 

Â