Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

6 hours ago, Daweii said:

Just because they don't perform for us doesn't mean they won't do the same elsewhere under a different manager with different players around them.

There is every chance that Elphick, Gabby, Hutton and McCormack at the very least coming good in fresh surroundings. 

Whilst that's true, it's definitely not a reason to hang on to them - they're stinking up the place here, by and large, and we're paying them to do so. 

• Like 1

McCormack?  Possibly if he sorts his personal issues aside and moves to a team where he's the main man, but how long before age becomes an issue or those demons return?

Elphick was riding the Eddie Howe train and because of his leadership qualities and work ethic he clung on until the prem - reality is he's a bottom half Championship player who performs well in less pressured surroundings.

Gabby for me still has a use (plus he's un-sellable).  He can play up top on his own so let's use him as back up to Kodjia when we need a player doing that role.

Hutton managed to have his one 'not quite as awful' season last year.  He's not coming good anywhere else that's for sure!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

McCormack?  Possibly if he sorts his personal issues aside and moves to a team where he's the main man, but how long before age becomes an issue or those demons return?

Elphick was riding the Eddie Howe train and because of his leadership qualities and work ethic he clung on until the prem - reality is he's a bottom half Championship player who performs well in less pressured surroundings.

Gabby for me still has a use (plus he's un-sellable).  He can play up top on his own so let's use him as back up to Kodjia when we need a player doing that role.

Hutton managed to have his one 'not quite as awful' season last year.  He's not coming good anywhere else that's for sure!

Good summary which I agree with.

So that's easily 10 mill in now with the sale of Veretout and Baker - with more to go, we're gonna have made a profit of nearly 20 mill this window. I reckon there is a big signing coming up. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

So that's easily 10 mill in now with the sale of Veretout and Baker - with more to go, we're gonna have made a profit of nearly 20 mill this window. I reckon there is a big signing coming up. 

I wouldn't actually mind if there wasn't to be honest.  I think we are more than equipped to go up now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

I wouldn't actually mind if there wasn't to be honest.  I think we are more than equipped to go up now.

I agree, just got this feeling Bruce has looked at the squad and thought if I can just swap 5 players who don't ever play for one really top signing.... Also, we've only spent a couple of mill on transfer fees so far too - something is a brewing! 

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Throw in a couple of million which I think we received for Sanchez. Plus whatever small loan fee we had for Gil. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I agree, just got this feeling Bruce has looked at the squad and thought if I can just swap 5 players who don't ever play for one really top signing.... Also, we've only spent a couple of mill on transfer fees so far too - something is a brewing! 

Yeah, obviously wouldn't be against it but we do need to keep shifting players.

If there was to be a big signing I'd want it to be a striker or a winger.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep, we did our big signings already. Big name - Terry, big money - Hogan, etc in January. Maybe a loan like this liverpool fella perhaps near the close of the window but otherwise, nope. Plus I think the point of the sales is to make up for what we have already spent

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Yep, we did our big signings already. Big name - Terry, big money - Hogan, etc in January. Maybe a loan like this liverpool fella perhaps near the close of the window but otherwise, nope. Plus I think the point of the sales is to make up for what we have already spent

We'll be millionaires rodders!

• Like 1

If McCormack goes i can see us bringing in Hernandez or another striker. Possibly an AM. We havent done anything to sort out our goal scoring woes. 

10 minutes ago, KSV said:

If McCormack goes i can see us bringing in Hernandez or another striker. Possibly an AM. We havent done anything to sort out our goal scoring woes. 

Would love to see that, shifting McCormack and getting Hernandez in would be great. I'm not sure how we would accommodate all the strikers but he could be a much more effective player for us and has worked well under Bruce before. Younger too.

59 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think you may be disappointed. The money in is all about FFP. I think we may see a loan signing or two and that is about it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I think you may be disappointed. The money in is all about FFP. I think we may see a loan signing or two and that is about it.

Indeed, I'm sure at the time the club said we had given Bruce a lot of the budget from this summer in January to try and sort us out.  We are just clearing out what we can at the mo and got a couple of reliable signings in for peanuts.  Now it's over to Bruce to get us up.