Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Would love to strike up a deal to take Snodgrass on loan, bags of ability and has suffered big time so would maybe be open to dropping down and tearing up a league to get his mojo back.

I wouldn't fancy us shelling out £10m for another 30 year old though..

• Like 1

Green, Grealish, Thor and Amavi, and in a pinch Kodija who can play an attacking role on the left flank.

If getting someone in it must be a considerable improvement on what we have, and even then it would be a shame to block Green's development.

LB option if Amavi goes, but from what I understand then DeLaet can cover there so maybe not even then.

Edited by sne

I think Snodgrass would be a Matt Ritchie type signing for us. Tom Lawrence would be a very exciting one too.

Get impression from Trent and noises out of the club that we won't be looking at either but it's fun to chew the cud sometimes.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Green, Grealish, Thor and Amavi, and in a pinch Kodija who can play an attacking role on the left flank.

If getting someone in it must be a considerate improvement on what we have, and even then it would be a shame to block Green's development.

LB option if Amavi goes, but from what I understand then DeLaet can cover there so maybe not even then.

Grealish thor and amavi are not left wingers! They can be shoehorned in, but at a cost to the team.

if we have eyes on aitomatic promotion you need more than a kid on his own. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

Grealish thor and amavi are not left wingers! They can be shoehorned in, but at a cost to the team.

if we have eyes on aitomatic promotion you need more than a kid on his own. 

Sure but then we need to get rid of those 3, can't have 35 senior players on the roster.

I wonder if we could get Lucas Piazon (spelling?) on loan from Chelsea. He was at Fulham last year and played a bit and was good down the left from memory... not sure what the plan is for this season but a loan could benefit all parties. 

Only saw him play a few times, but seemed able and willing to cross and cut in and shoot. Could be a great option.

Some Villa fans baffle me. They moan we don't give youth a chance then would rather loan in another teams young player than give ours the chance. Green deserves his chance to start the season. We've 6 games before the window ends so Id go  with what we've got for now. If The likes of Green and Grealish don't step up we should look to get better in after Bristol and that would mean experienced guaranteed performances. I believe we've the players to win this league it's getting them playing. Until the full has been completed and our current players have been looked at we shouldn't sign anymore. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I wonder if we could get Lucas Piazon (spelling?) on loan from Chelsea. He was at Fulham last year and played a bit and was good down the left from memory... not sure what the plan is for this season but a loan could benefit all parties. 

Only saw him play a few times, but seemed able and willing to cross and cut in and shoot. Could be a great option.

They've got him back on loan for another season already unfortunately

• Sad 1

I'm fine with giving Green and Grealish a chance to fight it out down the left. Especially if Bruce's favoured back-up utility guy is Bjarnason.

A left back wouldn't surprise me if we lose Amavi and Cissokho though.

What if McCormack leaves though? There might be a case to be made for pushing Grealish up front and getting a winger in.

Still all depends on the hypotheticals of people leaving at this point though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Some Villa fans baffle me. They moan we don't give youth a chance then would rather loan in another teams young player than give ours the chance. Green deserves his chance to start the season. We've 6 games before the window ends so Id go  with what we've got for now. If The likes of Green and Grealish don't step up we should look to get better in after Bristol and that would mean experienced guaranteed performances. I believe we've the players to win this league it's getting them playing. Until the full has been completed and our current players have been looked at we shouldn't sign anymore. 

I've never moaned that we don't give youth a chance. I think we do. But I'd rather we get out of the league we're in, who cares if we 'develop' another teams player we're literally not in the same league as Chelsea nor will we be if we don't get players that are better than the rest of the league. 

Often see Kyle Walker mentioned as an example of when a loan goes wrong... quite what people think we did to him in those few months that he played for us, like he couldn't kick a ball before hand and then left as a world beater. We gave him some game time, he game us some performances, that's all we can expect of each other. 

Grealish and Green both have chances, and if we loan another player then the best player plays... where's the harm in that? 

• Like 2

Greene is nailed on for me, shown enough briefly last season and in the last few friendlies he's more than capable at this level, don't think Grealish is fancied by Bruce but I'd love to see him get some games playing in the 'number 10' role, he's wasted on the left where he seems to drift in and out of the action, which ironically is people's main gripe with him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoof hearted said:

Greene is nailed on for me, shown enough briefly last season and in the last few friendlies he's more than capable at this level, don't think Grealish is fancied by Bruce but I'd love to see him get some games playing in the 'number 10' role, he's wasted on the left where he seems to drift in and out of the action, which ironically is people's main gripe with him.

Lorne-Greene-Commander-Adama-Battlestar-

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

All this talk of wingers. Do they even exist in the modern game?  Fullbacks do the job of wingers. 

I still think a full back needs a winger to create an overlap to get crosses in. 

Although green looks very promising, I do think we need another quick/direct option for LM.