Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Lots of clubs. I mean, pretty much every Championship club I expect. 

Ok nice one, then it looks like the Neymar deal can be done hahaha!

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Lots of clubs. I mean, pretty much every Championship club I expect. 

Why ruin another good (needless) Gabby dig though?

I mean surely they would even take an injured Grealish over him?

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This must be sarcasm surely? 

No. I mean obviously wages come into play making him non viable for plenty of them, but maybe 15-20 would take him in the squad. Perhaps more. I don't know every squad inside out. 

• Like 1

I am still concerned with lack of proven regular goal scorers in the team. If Hogan "clicks" then great, but what if he doesnt?, can we rely on Gabby until the "Kodger" is back from injury?

Regards to all

Del

BTW shame about Grealish. It always seems to be our players. When you think about how many good Villa players suffered career threatening (and ending) injuries over the years.....does this happen at other clubs?....should we be looking for a loan to replace Grealish in the meantime?

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Well if we back down and let Bacuna go to Reading for 1.5m we can use that money plus another 194.5m and get Neymar!

Eh? What? Someone has offered actual money for Bacuna? 

If this is a joke Nick I'm going to hunt you down, and i will find you. 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No. I mean obviously wages come into play making him non viable for plenty of them, but maybe 15-20 would take him in the squad. Perhaps more. I don't know every squad inside out. 

As a squad player possibly but as a starter I dont think many would whatsoever 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Maybe read my posts then? Or is that not a thing we do now? 

;) :trollface:

I prefer boxer shorts myself 

I think we are pretty set with this transfer window. I just don't think we need anyone else. I'd rather us have the ability to buy someone in January if we need to rather than sign someone we don't necessarily need right now. 

7 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I think we are pretty set with this transfer window. I just don't think we need anyone else. I'd rather us have the ability to buy someone in January if we need to rather than sign someone we don't necessarily need right now. 

We neccesarily need 1, maybe 2 decent attacking midfielders...preferably in wide areas.

As things stand, I can't see us scoring many goals this season. On the plus side, I don't think we will concede many either. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why ruin another good (needless) Gabby dig though?

I mean surely they would even take an injured Grealish over him?

It's not a needless dig.

"Pretty much every Championship club" would not want a non-prolific, 30 year old striker on, what, £40k/wk at the least?  I'd wager that pretty much none of them would, to be honest.

Maybe if he was free and on £10k/wk. Maybe then most Championship clubs would. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's not a needless dig.

"Pretty much every Championship club" would not want a non-prolific, 30 year old striker on, what, £40k/wk at the least?  I'd wager that pretty much none of them would, to be honest.

Maybe if he was free and on £10k/wk. Maybe then most Championship clubs would. 

I'm sure i've read that he's on more like £25k a week now after we got relegated.

There are plenty of very talented attacking midfielders at the top English clubs who we should be trying to bring in. Nathan at Chelsea, Pereira at Man Utd, Toral at Arsenal, Onomah at Spurs, Calvert-Lewin at Everton, presumably someone I've forgotten at Liverpool. 

These players will undoubtedly improve our starting line up and we're the biggest club, with the most well-regarded managers, in the championship. With the news of Grealish I would be shocked if we don't bring in someone over the next week or 2, hopefully one of these in a loan deal till January, potential to extend. 

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

which is why last year only Reading were interested in loaning him from us.......

Aye.  Most well run clubs at least in the top two divisions and probably throughout the entire professional structure in England wouldn't persist with half arsed, part-time footballers.

That's our job. 

The world and his wife have known that Gabby and Richards are available for the last 12 months.  Yet we haven't exactly been inundated with offers.