Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

We don't need many signings at all, another huge amount of incomings this summer would just be stupid. A quality keeper and left winger should be priorities for me.

You don't think Andre Green can do a job at left wing?

• Like 2

We need a first team keeper. Don't rate Johnstone still and someone with a bit more command about him in the box would be better for us. At the back, I think we just need a big CB for cover as Baker's injury record isn't great, then I'd get in backup for Taylor as well, Amavi is horrific and we ship loads of goals whenever he plays there. Left winger and an attacking midfielder are probably the two main areas of need in the first team, it'll give us a few options too. Then a backup for Jedinak. Would be nice to have another option up top. 

I see that as 7 players, only half are first teamers. 

What we need is some semblance of an idea in possession and attacking so we don't have to rely on Kodija alone to score all our goals.

Not sure we even ought to be needing new signings for this to be possible, but we obviously need to ship and replace a few people.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Tin hat on.

jonathan Walters set to leave stoke this summer. 

Would he be worth a punt?

Could arguably  hold up the ball better than hogan or kodjia. 

I'd take him but I don't know whether he'd drop to The Championship 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Tin hat on.

Could arguably  hold up the ball better than hogan or kodjia. 

He would be very good in this league. Would get double figures.

10 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Tin hat on.

Like a shot.  I'd be slightly surprised if we got him, but stranger things have happened I suppose.  Under-rated player.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That Ciaran Clark kid who was "shite" could come in handy.

Just wait till you see him for Newcastle next season against better strikers and more pressure from midfield, then he turns shite again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Just wait till you see him for Newcastle next season against better strikers and more pressure from midfield, then he turns shite again

We'll see whether he will or not. Apparently according to a Newcastle fan I work with, they're fairly impressed with him up there. They missed him recently when he was out. He's had a good season, is a very good communicator and is playing with confidence (all his words) and (my words) let's face it, Rafa can organise a team a little bit better than Sherwood, Lambert, Black et al. 

2 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Clark is absolutely fine as a defender and will be fine in the Premier League, too. 

• Like 1