Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

We've had more than our fair share of players with questionable personality over the last few years who the fans almost universally agree are best moved on.

Why then discuss bringing in a second rate player who's bad attitude is public? Half his posts on social media are about him knowing most people don't like him. Talented footballer at league one level but would rotate at best at Villa and i cant see him making the step up to the Prem. Too risky for a short term buy. 

• Like 4

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/23/report-aston-villa-interested-in-aden-flint-and-marc-roberts/

Aston Villa are interested in signing Aden Flint from Bristol City in the summer transfer window, according to The Sun on Sunday (print edition, page 61, April 23, 2017).

Flint has been on the books of City since 2013 and has a contract with the Championship club until June 2020, according to Transfermarkt.co.uk.

Villa manager Steve Bruce has reportedly told his scouts to find him two new leaders at the back for next season, and the 27-year-old is claimed to be one of them.

According to the report, Villa Director of Football Steve Round will keep tabs on the City centre-back, who is said to be rated at £5 million.

The report has also claimed that Villa manager Bruce is keen on Barnsley defender Marc Roberts, who is 26 years of age.

However, according to the report, Premier League trio Burnley, Swansea City and Sunderland are also interested in the defender.

Villa, who got relegated from the Premier League at the end of last season, are 13th in the Championship table at the moment with 58 points from 43 matches.

Bruce said in his post match interview on Sunday that he is expecting a very very busy summer. 

Sound like there might be quite a few comings and goings. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Bruce said in his post match interview on Sunday that he is expecting a very very busy summer. 

Sound like there might be quite a few comings and goings. 

I expect more goings than comings. 

I reckon 3-4 in permanently and hopefully our quota of loan term loans. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villarocker said:

Goalie, centre back, defensive midfielder, creative midfielder and left back cover if Amavi goes. 

still need a striker. Especially if McCormack leaves. or even Gabby. 

Just need a goalkeeper. The rest of the team are good enough to win the league. The Africa Cup screwed us this year, but so would an injury to Kodjia have done... so hope Hogan is good next year as we need two good strikers at least. (Too bad it didn't work out with McCormack this year).

Edited by momo

4 hours ago, momo said:

Just need a goalkeeper. The rest of the team are good enough to win the league.

I disagree whole heartedly. We need to replace alot of the players we have, if possible.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

I agree with @momotbh.  Now they clearly need a lot of work in order to be firing on all cylinders playing alongside each other.  But man for man I think they're good enough.  Now where we are far from good enough is off the bench.  When the likes of Gardner, Bacuna and unproven youngsters are generally your first line of backup then you're not winning any leagues.  So we need to find that balancing act where the player is good enough to come in and not weaken the side, but also happy enough to be sitting on a bench more often than not.

• Like 1

I think we're close-ish in terms of personnel. I'd be more in favour of fewer numbers and higher quality rather than wholesales change again. 

I think a really good player or two in the right areas would have a big impact on the rest.

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

The current squad not even challenging for the top six in the Championship is imo scandalous.

Enough quality there already to get Villa to the playoffs if they had been set up properly.

• Like 2

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/leeds-villa-made-inquires-10-goal-midfielder/

Leeds United and Aston Villa are among the sides to have already made inquiries over the availability of Barnsley midfielder Marley Watkins, according to The Daily Mail.

The 26-year-old has come into his own in the Championship this season, scoring ten league goals for the Oakwell outfit and impressing.

Leeds are facing the prospect of another year in English football’s second tier as their playoffs hopes have subsided in recent weeks.

Garry Monk is expected to try and bolster his group in the summer and reportedly sees Watkins as a player to improve his squad.

Villa have had a disappointing first campaign in the Championship but are surely set to be stronger next season given the amount of money Steve Bruce has spent since taking over.

The Midlands outfit also have Watkins’ former midfield team-mate Conor Hourihane in their ranks, which could turn the 26-year-old’s head towards Villa Park.

Watkins has played an important role in Barnsley consolidating their place in the Championship after promotion from League One last term.