Villan4Life

6 hours ago, sne said:

Not Johnstone

Bree/Hutton           Chester         Baker             Taylor

Jedinak

Lansbury              Hourihane

Adomah                                           Green  

Kodija

This 11 should be better than most or every team we face next season. For me 4-3-3 is the formation we are most suited to, by far.

A bench with  Hogan, Grealish? Amavi? DeLaet & Bjarnason coming back from injury would leave us to need  a new CB to challenge/replace Baker, a DCM to challenge/replace Jedi, 1 or 2 new goalies and if possible another wide option, CM (Veretout?) and striker. 

4-6 signings to have a very good and complete squad and a by Championship standards great starting 11.

As I said I already think we already have a rather solid starting 11 and I feel Bruce has fallen well short of developing it into to a functioning team and system so far.

Really hope Bruce and his team can work some magic during the pre-season, because with a few signings he will have the tools to be at the very top of the league next season.

Anything else, and I wan't him gone before the season is beyond us. 

I demand (in a very behind my keyboard and in no position to make demands) a total 180 transformation from what we've seen so far.

My patience with Bruce is wearing thin, but as he'll be here for the start of next season this is what I expect to see.

Yeah, I'd be disappointed if that was the starting xi next season. That's pretty much the team that has failed miserably this season. I'd buy 2 new wingers and a creative midfielder to replace Lansbury, Adomah and Green who can become decent squad players. A proper goalkeeper, and a central defender who can rotate with Baker.

5 new signings if we want to compete.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

That's pretty much the team that has failed miserably this season

Bit harsh, that team needed time to gel... and once it did we went on a pretty impressive run.

Don't get me wrong, i'd also be disappointing if that's how we line up next season, but that team would still hold it's own with a full preseason under its belt.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Bit harsh, that team needed time to gel... and once it did we went on a pretty impressive run.

Don't get me wrong, i'd also be disappointing if that's how we line up next season, but that team would still hold it's own with a full preseason under its belt.

The results were impressive for a few weeks, but we still haven't had a 90 minute performance with only 2 games left.

The defence performed well during that run, which is why I don't mind much fiddling there (bar the keeper), but we create so little its ridiculous. Hence why I think we need 2 new wingers and another creative midfielder. only 14 away goals all season!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

although I think Taylor is good enough for left back - but we could do with some steady cover. 

I agree, i think Taylor was a very good signing. I hope we will look to ofload Amavi though, so my lb comment was more cover for Taylor rather than replacing him. 

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

7 new players. Seven. I can't get my head around anyone thinking that is necessary, or even wanting it to happen. 

Who are you replacing in the team with these 7 new signings?? 

I think 3/4 first team/rotation. The only way I'd say 7, is if we signed 3 for the future like we did in January with Bedeau.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Yeah, I'd be disappointed if that was the starting xi next season. That's pretty much the team that has failed miserably this season. I'd buy 2 new wingers and a creative midfielder to replace Lansbury, Adomah and Green who can become decent squad players. A proper goalkeeper, and a central defender who can rotate with Baker.

5 new signings if we want to compete.  

I too will be surprised if we start the season with that line up......i think it will be different, not sure to what extent.

I don't think he watched the last match over again and make the comments he did,without action in mind.

• Like 1

So according to Bruce 4 quality additions.

Priority must be

Goalkeeper - Johnstone is probably his first choice on a permanent deal.

Centre back - Chester and Baker are a nice pairing but baker could be improved on.

Winger - adomah has no competition, Green is still 'green' and grealish has no pace or discipline in that role. 

Centre midfielder - jedinak has shown he is vital to our team but is getting older, need a younger version. 

I hope all four 'quality' signings are permanent then we can still get some temporary quality with a couple of astute loans. 

• Like 3

I wonder if we could tempt back Marc Albrighton, Leicester aren't doing anything special next year and he's not amazing so won't get many offers, and he a villa fan (he was at the SHA game wasn't he?). To be honest though he'll likely get offers from lower PL clubs that he'd take before us, but I think he would improve us.

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I wonder if we could tempt back Marc Albrighton, Leicester aren't doing anything special next year and he's not amazing so won't get many offers, and he a villa fan (he was at the SHA game wasn't he?). To be honest though he'll likely get offers from lower PL clubs that he'd take before us, but I think he would improve us.

I thought about that. Return of the Marc.

• Like 2

On 28/04/2017 at 17:18, Jareth said:

So Bruce wants 4 quality additions eh? Exciting times. Cannot wait till next season, we gonna do good. 

I cannot wait. So who has been the top assister the second half of the season and the top scorer? Don't bother scouting them, judging how they play the game, how they can fit in and how these achieved these results. Just slap in these bids, erm £10m on Hugill and £5m on erm Hoolahan? Yeah, why not!

Goalkeeper. Erm...just get someone from United. Bound to be good. Doesn't matter if he has never played at any real level or had any real expectancy placed on him, or experience. Plays for United mate.

Lastly we need someone who is going to chip in with goals from midfield, we could analyse why we can't get the most out of the players currently at the club..but **** it. Tom Cairney will do, he has double figures. £9m should do it.

So all in all we will have added a goal 10 assists and 20 goals with these acquisitions.

Now I know what you are thinking "We need to make sure we play to their strengths in order for them to maintain these stats."...but I have always been a great believer in "f*ck it, just tell them what formation we are playing, tell them not to stick within 5 yards of their circle on the tactics board the job is a good'n"

• Like 4