17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

As a club we are very lucky because we genuinely have a good team. Infact I'd probably say the best starting 11 on paper, so if we manage to get things going we will take some stopping. We also have a big fanbase that will support the club in its thousands if they are rewarded for their loyalty. A snowball effect on and off the pitch that will hopefully see us now challenging the top two.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nigel said:

You do realise Burton have just beaten Fulham at home, and their last before that.  They are no pushovers and if we take them that way I doubt it will end well.

3 points will be excellent but we definitely wont be walking over them!

I think we will give them a good hiding......by half-time at least ;) 

• Like 1

That Wolves game is looking massive already isn't it! 

Need to make sure the players are at it against Bolton. No reason why tonight's scoreline couldn't be matched or even bettered. If we go out thinking just turning up will do the trick we could come a cropper and let's face it, it would be very much the Villa way. 

At what point can we put the Cardiff performance into some perspective? They've put 3 past Leeds today and are showing no signs of turning into the shite team everyone thought we got hammered by. 

Bruce has definitely earned himself some breathing space. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

Points and Table Position versus last year after 10 games

59caf64de0811_2017-09-2710_57_59-MicrosoftExcel-AVFC.png.7b5aebee614645777e128782eceb499f.png59caf65c3271e_2017-09-2710_58_18-MicrosoftExcel-AVFC.png.e434e7c2cbe226626732764428ba1253.png

Thats pretty interesting.

We are only just about doing better than last year - our position of 8th pretty much mirrors when we were 9th mid-season last year.

Lots more to do to push on and get near the promotions positions. 

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

We are only just about doing better than last year - our position of 8th pretty much mirrors when we were 9th mid-season last year.

I dont know if im reading the table wrong but we are doing alot better than last year! We are currently 8th but were 18th at this stage last season! So massive improvement and rightly so.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Eh?  We have 60% more points than this point last season.  It took us another 4 games to get to this many points.  We NEVER got as high as 8th in the whole season.  At this stage last year we were 10 points off automatic promotion places - now it's 4 points.

Seems to me that is rather more than 'just about doing better'!

• Like 2