17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

6 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

If we play like last night most weeks we will get the crowds back. Bruce needs to start banging the promotion drum and get the fans believing. For the first time in ages I can't wait for Saturday. Last nights football in patches was quality and if we will need that to be for 90 min to win against other promotion hopefuls. Just to bring us all down to earth we haven't beaten any team that we shouldn't be beating yet. Win on Saturday and we will go in to October in a good position with 3 games that will show if this resurgence is for real. 

Definitely. Overall in terms of results we've not made a bad start, it was just those first few games and the fact we are not playing particularly well. I see no reason why it's a false dawn, although the test will come in October when we have some tough games. Surely we must go into saturdays game all guns blazing and put Bolton to the slaughter. Confidence among certain players will be very high and surely as a team we must now feel confident. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Definitely. Overall in terms of results we've not made a bad start, it was just those first few games and the fact we are not playing particularly well. I see no reason why it's a false dawn, although the test will come in October when we have some tough games. Surely we must go into saturdays game all guns blazing and put Bolton to the slaughter. Confidence among certain players will be very high and surely as a team we must now feel confident. 

We need a big performance at Villa Park. It's been pretty dullnfor most of this season and even most of Bruces reign so let's attack for 90 min and they won't handle us. When we score don't sit back go for the jugular. 

• Like 1

Just as a very minor aside, as I've seen a few say we'll hopefully be in the top six after the weekend; there's a reasonable chance we won't be as Ipswich are playing Bristol City. They would have to draw and we would need to win to go ahead on goal difference.

While the circus....er, I mean Sunderland are at Preston.

Just may have to keep those those breaking the top six aspirations on ice just a little while longer.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, dn1982 said:

We need a big performance at Villa Park. It's been pretty dullnfor most of this season and even most of Bruces reign so let's attack for 90 min and they won't handle us. When we score don't sit back go for the jugular. 

We have the talent.....need to ensure the workrate and urgency.

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

I wasn't trying to win a popular vote. 

I was making a specific observation, and pretty much agreed with the responses i received.

Except your response which went off on a different tangent to the point i had made.

Oh dear, maybe you misread my post? I was making the same point as a number of other responders.

As I say, this is really not a substantive issue and is not worth discussing any further. Your interpretation of the statistics was wrong and a lot of people pointed that out.

Can't you just accept you got it wrong and move on?

11 hours ago, ender4 said:

definitely half full.

I still expect to finish top 2, but i won't relax until we're firmly embedded in the top 2.

I was firmly embedded in my missus once, then I relaxed and the rest is just a case of dejection and sorrow :(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Be interesting how the crowds grow if we thump Bolton and then beat Wovles. Will we see a big upturn if we are challenging at the very top with some good results in the bag? 

I realise this is a silly question are we will probably blow Bolton then get mauled by the dog heads. It's the Villa way. 

That or get it right and have the top tier of The Trinity open for Fulham in front of a near full house and then get thumped in a terrible display.  Take your pick really 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Be interesting how the crowds grow if we thump Bolton and then beat Wovles. Will we see a big upturn if we are challenging at the very top with some good results in the bag? 

I realise this is a silly question are we will probably blow Bolton then get mauled by the dog heads. It's the Villa way. 

That or get it right and have the top tier of The Trinity open for Fulham in front of a near full house and then get thumped in a terrible display.  Take your pick really 

or lose to Bolton on a banana skin and beat Wolves.

The combination is immaterial......We have to win them Both.

A draw against Wolves wont be a bad result.. Bolton should be 3 points. 

We then have a few tough games in October.. and we have November with alot of very winnable fixtures again. But one at a time.

Lets take care of Bolton.. I dont want us to have one eye on the Wolves match and get done by Bolton. They have to win sometime this season.. make sure its not us!

2 hours ago, KSV said:

A draw against Wolves wont be a bad result.. Bolton should be 3 points. 

We then have a few tough games in October.. and we have November with alot of very winnable fixtures again. But one at a time.

Lets take care of Bolton.. I dont want us to have one eye on the Wolves match and get done by Bolton. They have to win sometime this season.. make sure its not us!

I agree a point at wolves will not be a bad result.  People need to accept we wont win all games ee will draw/lose a few. Even Newcastle and brighton did.

But these slip ups after to be rare and if it happens we need to bounce back with wins.

Hopefully we will see another good win for saturday. If we dont win all that hard work this week woukd have been for nothing.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree a point at wolves will not be a bad result.  People need to accept we wont win all games ee will draw/lose a few. Even Newcastle and brighton did.

But these slip ups after to be rare and if it happens we need to bounce back with wins.

Hopefully we will see another good win for saturday. If we dont win all that hard work this week woukd have been for nothing.

The problem is, we hit our 10 week quota for slip ups in the first 4 weeks.  We can't afford any more for a while yet.  We're playing better, but we're still not where we need to be in the table.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Just as a very minor aside, as I've seen a few say we'll hopefully be in the top six after the weekend; there's a reasonable chance we won't be as Ipswich are playing Bristol City. They would have to draw and we would need to win to go ahead on goal difference.

While the circus....er, I mean Sunderland are at Preston.

Just may have to keep those those breaking the top six aspirations on ice just a little while longer.

I couldn't care less if we are in the top 6 or not in September. As long as we are there in May, that's so that matters.

Edited by One For The Road