17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

It would look even rosier has we punished Hull and Boro like we should have at home, we did enough to get at least 4 points instead of 2 out of those games. 

Win the next 2 and it’s game on! Buzzing for tomorrow already!

On the other hand lose the next one and we need to Win the next 7 in a row to get to 2 points a game average - and it's taken 18 games to win our last 7.:)

15 hours ago, Kingman said:

6 points and  5/6 goals from next 2 games!

You do realise Burton have just beaten Fulham at home, and their last before that.  They are no pushovers and if we take them that way I doubt it will end well.

3 points will be excellent but we definitely wont be walking over them!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

You do realise Burton have just beaten Fulham at home, and their last before that.  They are no pushovers and if we take them that way I doubt it will end well.

3 points will be excellent but we definitely wont be walking over them!

i don't think anyone thinks we will be walking all over them...

i think the point is that if we are to get top 2, then we need to be walking all over teams like Burton on a regular basis. 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

i don't think anyone thinks we will be walking all over them...

i think the point is that if we are to get top 2, then we need to be walking all over teams like Burton on a regular basis. 

Small steps. We are still not playing well atm so we need to be cautious.  The points are far more vital than how we achieve them.

Form and expansive football will come with victories, then the walkovers will follow.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Small steps. We are still not playing well atm so we need to be cautious.  The points are far more vital than how we achieve them.

Form and expansive football will come with victories, then the walkovers will follow.

yes i agree

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not really when you consider the game after is wolves away and it's on sky :(

Wolves will be a tough game but for the first time this season we will be under dogs. They'll come at us but hopefully that will play into our tatics and we can hit them on the counter. Wolves have a good team but our squad is stronger.

27 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Agreed but I dont consider being on sky a factor considering we have been able to win on tv now :rolleyes:

Not sure why you needed to put that smiley at the end as we were just having a friendly debate.

Anyway we have seen some improvement this year but on sky away from home we only won one away game at QPR. Wolves will be a different kettle of fish.

Just now, clip on mullet said:

Wolves will be a tough game but for the first time this season we will be under dogs. They'll come at us but hopefully that will play into our tatics and we can hit them on the counter. Wolves have a good team but our squad is stronger.

Good points i prefer going in as underdogs as that puts less pressure on us. Hopefully more positive than last year where we were poor in both games against them

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Good points i prefer going in as underdogs as that puts less pressure on us. Hopefully more positive than last year where we were poor in both games against them

What do you think a negative, defensive manager will do in a game where we are deemed to be the underdogs?

Yep, defend deeper. What joy...

21 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Cardiff v Leeds (Tues) and Sheff Utd v Wolves (Weds). A win against Burton tomorrow would do us a whole world of good.

Its these sort of games where the rewards are kinda better than normal......we need to drive home our superiority and give ourselves a better platform.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure why you needed to put that smiley at the end as we were just having a friendly debate.

Anyway we have seen some improvement this year but on sky away from home we only won one away game at QPR. Wolves will be a different kettle of fish.

No offence mate genuinely, was ment to be a happy smile because of us winn8ng on sky is all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Its these sort of games where the rewards are kinda better than normal......we need to drive home our superiority and give ourselves a better platform.

Can't pass up too many opportunities to claw back some points on those above us like this and expect to be in the automatic promotion mix imo.

Some really big games for us in October (Wolves, Fulham, SHA), Then we still have games against Preston, Both Sheffield teams, Ipswich and Leeds to come before Xmas and the halfway mark. A lot can change between then and now.

QPR, Sunderland, Derby, Millwall, Burton and Bolton are the sort of games I don't want to see us slip up in. It's hard to keep the faith sometimes, especially when you've been let down so many times before but it would be amazing to put Burton and Bolton away without too much fuss and carry a bit of confidence into the games against those pushing for places higher up the table. Winning is a nice habit to get into especially when we're not firing on all cylinders.

23 hours ago, terrytini said:

On the other hand lose the next one and we need to Win the next 7 in a row to get to 2 points a game average - and it's taken 18 games to win our last 7.:)

Win the next game on a rolling basis...... and see where it takes us......we may be able to get excited at some stage.

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Can't pass up too many opportunities to claw back some points on those above us like this and expect to be in the automatic promotion mix imo.

Some really big games for us in October (Wolves, Fulham, SHA), Then we still have games against Preston, Both Sheffield teams, Ipswich and Leeds to come before Xmas and the halfway mark. A lot can change between then and now.

QPR, Sunderland, Derby, Millwall, Burton and Bolton are the sort of games I don't want to see us slip up in. It's hard to keep the faith sometimes, especially when you've been let down so many times before but it would be amazing to put Burton and Bolton away without too much fuss and carry a bit of confidence into the games against those pushing for places higher up the table. Winning is a nice habit to get into especially when we're not firing on all cylinders.

We are capable of beating everybody......as long as we apply ourselves correctly.

• Like 1