17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

I'd scratch the Wolves game Costa came back for them today played 50 minutes looked great. Neves and Jota too LOL PSG of the Championship. Do yourselves a favour and work a path to 2nd place.

What does this even mean :lol:

Are you talking about Wolves or us?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

We've conceded one goal in the last 6 games - Wolves won't find it easy to score. I can see a 1-1 next game but not a big loss, no way. 

I would be delighted with that result there. A point will be great, I fancy us to turn them over at Villa Park like most teams. If Villa vs Wolves is a top of the table encounter, Villa Park will be a full 42k Wolves wont find that easy whatsoever

11 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

I'd scratch the Wolves game Costa came back for them today played 50 minutes looked great. Neves and Jota too LOL PSG of the Championship. Do yourselves a favour and work a path to 2nd place.

If we "scratch" those games, we may as well give up on promotion.

Teams with "Good/great players" can still be outplayed or stifled.

It's about tactics, and we've got good players ourselves.

• Like 2

In a nasty league we have had a good month. This means that we are just about in the mix for an automatic promotion spot.

I am more concerned about the teams that we need to beat to have any chance of an automatic promotion spot.

Leeds

Cardiff

Sheffield United

Wolves

If we beat these teams at least once this season then we will be right up there.  We need another 21 -22 wins to get promoted.  Anything less and it will be difficult.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Leeds dropping off which is great news. Wednesday have been superb, how did these losers lose to blose? 

I think they peaked already. We haven't come close to our potential yet

It's October 1st. There is such a long way to go that looking out for other teams results and working out the permutations of what's required to be in x position is a bit futile. As is the notion that a certain team is "dropping off". 46 games is a long, long season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Leeds dropping off which is great news. Wednesday have been superb, how did these losers lose to blose? 

I think they peaked already. We haven't come close to our potential yet

There's something quite unsettling about watching wee Barry Bannan (a) going bald and (b ) playing a blinder in midfield.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

It's October 1st. There is such a long way to go that looking out for other teams results and working out the permutations of what's required to be in x position is a bit futile. 

I quite enjoy it, but each to their own.