17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

9 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

There is absolutely no way we are going up this year. Players are way too flakey, absolutely no spine or care for the club, we are mid table at best. 

I totally disagree. We're a team playing with little to no confidence and we've just beaten Barnsley away 3-0. Not many teams will go there and win, never mind by 3 goals. Beat Forrest on Saturday and confidence will just increase more. We've not played great so far and we're only 5 points of the playoffs. We could be in the top six after the next 3 games. We find our confidence, with the first team we have there won't be many teams this year who can beat us.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

There is absolutely no way we are going up this year. Players are way too flakey, absolutely no spine or care for the club, we are mid table at best. 

Is this coming after our reserve team with no players from Saturday's side lost a game?

• Like 1

Sorry to be negative, I just feel that already we've lost a lot of points, and a league winning team wouldn't be doing that. We're happy with a 3-0 at Barnsley.... We should be creaming teams like that and crushing the league, not hoping we scrape 6th. We are AVFC! 

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Sorry to be negative, I just feel that already we've lost a lot of points, and a league winning team wouldn't be doing that. We're happy with a 3-0 at Barnsley.... We should be creaming teams like that and crushing the league, not hoping we scrape 6th. We are AVFC! 

I agree but it's a tough league and we've gone through a massive transition over the past 12 months or so with new players etc. It's hard not to be negative. The season so far has been massively underwhelming but I'm hoping we've turned a corner. Davis and Kodja upfront will frighten any defence in this league. Against Bransley are defence looked more solid and Hourihane and Whelan look better suited as a pairing. I just hope Bruce doesn't change the formation or personnel for Forrest.

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

We are Aston Villa.