17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Need to kick on now again Saturday.  Little things like ipswich playing 24 hours later than us and making a long trek to Birmingham to play us is an advantage.  Even if it isn't physically as much these days as it would of been in the past psychologically it should do with the players. That and the fact we were dogshit against them at villa park last season. 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Need to kick on now again Saturday.  Little things like ipswich playing 24 hours later than us and making a long trek to Birmingham to play us is an advantage.  Even if it isn't physically as much these days as it would of been in the past psychologically it should do with the players. That and the fact we were dogshit against them at villa park last season. 

Plus I'm taking my little one to her first ever match. Please let it be a victory or won't I take her again! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I like to win from behind.

Girlfriend tends to be less keen but she does what she's told

you must be doing something really wrong there

I‘ve never met a girl/woman who didnt like it from............

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

you must be doing something really wrong there

I‘ve never met a girl/woman who didnt like it from............

Easy tiger......i mean grasshopper

Looking at Cardiffs fixtures they have a very good game set coming up in next few weeks which is a concern

A Forest

H Norwich

A Reading

H Hull

A Bolton

H Fulham

H Preston

Cant see them losing many of them so I think they are  a massive threat for 2nd

Bristol City have some toughies coming up I think they will start to slide now

A Hull

A Sheff United

H Forest

A QPR

H Reading

H Wolves

Then they play us away on new years day 

Edited by Demitri_C

56 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Win our games. That’s all we need focus on, the rest will take care of itself.

But thats not likely to happen though is it? We are going to drop points in games so we need to have a winning ratio of games and need the teams above us to drop more points than we do. Even if we do win all our games Cardiff are above us therefore if they won all their games they get promoted

17 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I had a go at predicting our remaining games. 85 points would be about 3 points short I reckon.

Prediction.PNG.7314426cee0edec79196a429cf5b6c6d.PNG

I had a little look at this the other day too. For what it’s worth, I think we’ll pick up more than 3 points from Norwich (a), Cardiff (h), Leeds (h) and Ipswich (a).

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But thats not likely to happen though is it? We are going to drop points in games so we need to have a winning ratio of games and need the teams above us to drop more points than we do. Even if we do win all our games Cardiff are above us therefore if they won all their games they get promoted

Dem, Cardiff are not winning all their games, I promise you. They have a smaller squad, and will dip at some point. They're only managed by Colin afterall. He's done well so far, but he'd be breaking the habit of a lifetime he lasted the season with consistently good results