17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They very well.could be however i am not so sure as Huddersfield had some experience in this league. A double promotion is bloody tough. If sheffield united manage it wilder has to get championship manager of the decade!

You are also right that we do need to start beating those around us and we have the opportunity with derby, leeds boro coming up. For me the one thing i was delighted about and has held us back for a while is: coming back from a losing position to win. We only managed that against reading last year. Hopefully now with the QPR victory we can put that monkey off our backs.

If we have overcome that i think skys the limit i really do once we get key players like kodjia and terry back.

I thought that too but we actually took the lead. (As someone pointed out to me weekend).Maybe it felt like we were losing.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I like to win from behind.

Girlfriend tends to be less keen but she does what she's told

Wait 'til you're married.....you do as your told.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They very well.could be however i am not so sure as Huddersfield had some experience in this league. A double promotion is bloody tough. If sheffield united manage it wilder has to get championship manager of the decade!

You are also right that we do need to start beating those around us and we have the opportunity with derby, leeds boro coming up. For me the one thing i was delighted about and has held us back for a while is: coming back from a losing position to win. We only managed that against reading last year. Hopefully now with the QPR victory we can put that monkey off our backs.

If we have overcome that i think skys the limit i really do once we get key players like kodjia and terry back.

A certain Paul Lambert did it just 5 years ago :lol: 

Okay..

We are now solidifying our position as promotion contenders.  We are winning ugly but sod it we are winning.  

Every game is going to be tough but I cannot see us dropping out of the top 6 this season. 

We are 5 points from 7th place and five points off an automatic spot.  

How does this table look everyone?

5a149e7c1f98a_ScreenShot2017-11-21at21_42_06.thumb.png.86e78d29f72fb9e8397811616cd5f554.png

Looks nice doesn't it:P

Edited by Reivax_Villa

Derby have a game in hand so that's also can't be overlooked. Even Sheffield united lose, they lose in style! Was hoping would end 2-5 as that would have knocked stuffing out of them. We need to win Saturday as I can't see us winning at Leeds so we need to be winning Saturday.

31 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

How does this table look everyone?

5a149e7c1f98a_ScreenShot2017-11-21at21_42_06.thumb.png.86e78d29f72fb9e8397811616cd5f554.png

Looks nice doesn't it:P

Starting to look better...   still under that all important line, but definitely moving in the right direction.

At least we've closed that gap by 2 points  - took us 8 wins in 11 games to catch up those 2 points. 

Hopefully the next 5 will be a a bit quicker.

2nd is possible.

I just feel like we need more firepower. Kodjia is out for the foreseeable future.

I would seriously consider recalling RMC, he could get us 5-8 goals to contribute to our season. 

Hopefully Hogan recovers soon, if we ever needed him now is the time.