17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So are we all Leeds fans today?

Er no .....they could be a threat too.

its the second place i have realistically set my sights on.

draw.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Er no .....they could be a threat too.

its the second place i have realistically set my sights on.

draw.

Yeah, I think that's probably the sensible aim. Wouldn't be upset with Leeds winning but we don't want too many other teams joining the fight for 2nd.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Furthermore, i think it denies the opportunity to play that better quality football, we all desire.

without our key players.....i see the football continuing to be scrappy, until we can get reinforcements.

It was scrappy even with our key players.

• Like 1

Difference with Wolves.. they have had 3-4 shots on goal and scored  goals.. 50% possession.. its not like they are destroying teams with chances or possession.. they are just lethal in front of goal. If its not Cavaleiro its Bonatini.. or Jota. They basically have 3 Adomahs in their side. 

Edited by KSV

17 minutes ago, KSV said:

Difference with Wolves.. they have had 3-4 shots on goal and scored  goals.. 50% possession.. its not like they are destroying teams with chances or possession.. they are just lethal in front of goal. If its not Cavaleiro its Bonatini.. or Jota. They basically have 3 Adomahs in their side. 

I said this is the ratings thread last night. The only game they have had more posession & shots in over the past couple of months is against us. Every other game they get battered but keep winning. Some games in the 30% posession stakes and only 5 shots compared to the oppositions 17 yet they win 2-0.

Leeds were back into the game tonight and were having more of the ball and had created more chances until they had a player sent off and it all went to shit.

Quite annoying that Leeds had a man sent off almost immediately after scoring, but for that you never know, they might have got another. 

Wolves don't seem to have a problem putting 10 men to the sword though. 

Games between now and Xmas for the current top 7.

Wolverhampton Wanderers - Bolton, SHA [a], Sunderland, Sheff Weds [a], Ipswich

Cardiff City - Notts Forest [a], Norwich, Reading [a], Hull, Bolton [a]

Sheffield United - SHA, Millwall [a], Bristol City, Preston [a], Aston Villa [a]

Aston Villa - Ipswich, Leeds [a], Millwall, Derby [a], Sheff United

Bristol City - Hull [a], Middlesbrough, Sheff United [a], Notts Forest, (EFL Cup QF v Man Utd), QPR [a]

Middlesbrough - Derby, Bristol City [a], Ipswich, Millwall [a], Sheff Weds [a]

Derby - Middlesbrough [a], Ipswich, Burton, Barnsley [a], Aston Villa, Millwall

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Even with 10 men beating leeds 4-1 is very impressive.

Nine points behond wolves so for us to catch them it would need them to lose 3 games or draw a load while we would would need to go on a 6-7 straight winnning running to get way ahead of them. Unless something changes i just cant see it.

Teams just seem to fall part against them including us. When leeds scored before Vieira got sent off wolves were shaky. I really do think you have to take the game to wolves to beat them like QPR did

I dont want to see this cautious approach when we play them at villa park as we will lose if we do

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Games between now and Xmas for the current top 7.

Wolverhampton Wanderers - Bolton, SHA [a], Sunderland, Sheff Weds [a], Ipswich

Cardiff City - Notts Forest [a], Norwich, Reading [a], Hull, Bolton [a]

Sheffield United - SHA, Millwall [a], Bristol City, Preston [a], Aston Villa [a]

Aston Villa - Ipswich, Leeds [a], Millwall, Derby [a], Sheff United

Bristol City - Hull [a], Middlesbrough, Sheff United [a], Notts Forest, (EFL Cup QF v Man Utd), QPR [a]

Middlesbrough - Derby, Bristol City [a], Ipswich, Millwall [a], Sheff Weds [a]

Derby - Middlesbrough [a], Ipswich, Burton, Barnsley [a], Aston Villa, Millwall

Cardif and Wolves aside a lot of the other teams are playing each other. It's going to be an interesting few weeks. 

If we are top four by new year and not many points from second i am quietly confident we might finish second hopefully with terry back as well. With the addition of a loan striker and a cb i think we are well prepared for a serious promotion push