Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

7 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'm interested in ticket pricing I'd love to see a full Villa Park each week, but it won't happen if tickets are too expensive. 

I'm also interested in their plans for the stadium, if they have any. Renovation of the North Stand has been on the agenda for years. 

The North is by far the worst, but the entire place needs a bit of love and attention. The pitch side of the stands is pretty much fine, but the concourses are abysmal.I don't expect the place to be the best in the country, but going to any relatively modern stadium, then returning to VP makes it feel like a trip to the Soviet Union.

It's all incredibly cramped, dark, and dirty. The concourses, especially those other than the Holte End often feel too full and claustrophobic to really be safe, there's no light, nothing looks or feels clean, and the toilets look like I remember the boys' toilets in school. Wembley is obviously the gold standard, really, but visiting there and comparing it to VP really makes our place look like a tip. Other than a mosaic, it feels like hardly a penny has been spent on the place in the last 25 years. Things have moved on, but VP really hasn't, it feels very worn out and old fashioned. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Can someone represent the little guys and ask them to look into the global shipping of kits, please? I can't purchase a kit in the Philippines because they decided about 5 years ago not to ship here. How does the club expect to grow internationally when we can't even have merchandise delivered. It's so incredibly small time. 

Follow Up question. Plans to expand in Asia in general? Tours in SE Asia? Academies?

Thanks

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The North is by far the worst, but the entire place needs a bit of love and attention. The pitch side of the stands is pretty much fine, but the concourses are abysmal.I don't expect the place to be the best in the country, but going to any relatively modern stadium, then returning to VP makes it feel like a trip to the Soviet Union.

It's all incredibly cramped, dark, and dirty. The concourses, especially those other than the Holte End often feel too full and claustrophobic to really be safe, there's no light, nothing looks or feels clean, and the toilets look like I remember the boys' toilets in school. Wembley is obviously the gold standard, really, but visiting there and comparing it to VP really makes our place look like a tip. Other than a mosaic, it feels like hardly a penny has been spent on the place in the last 25 years. Things have moved on, but VP really hasn't, it feels very worn out and old fashioned. 

Glad this issue has been raised in more detail, as I mentioned upgrades and possible improvements yesterday. It's an important issue that needs to be looked at. 

I love our ground from the inside and walking to the ground with the Holte End facing you is always a pleasure, but as fans, I think we do get caught up in everything Villa.  As you rightly say, the whole place and surrounding areas could do with a major spruce up.

I don't want a soleless bowl or some grey/silver facade with no identity, but watching the recent docs on the new spurs stadium, you can't help but be a little envious.  It's truly state of the art. 

I also appreciate our club can't regenerate the whole area either, but even travelling around the surrounding roads or from the moterway/Star City area, a trip to the Soviet Union is an accurate description.  Are we therefore working closely with the local council to improve this issue?  

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah I have to say the surrounding area around VP is horrendous but that's the council to sort out not it really the club. 

Agreed, but working closely with them to improve the area benefits us all. 

• Like 1

If we are going to continue to have shirt sponsors that are gambling companies, can we have an option to buy shirts without the sponsors logo? I know a few clubs are now making this option available to fans and whilst I know it's a critical income stream, I am not a fan of being a walking advertisement for gambling companies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to know what's happening with the proposed sale of villa park.  Im assuming this will be shelved now but with the changes in company house reports id just like it confirmed. 

Ask when we can lock the Xia thread on VT, or at least when we can feck it off to OT. 

Might of been mentioned already but I have a few questions:

• Can we have a basic summary of the transfer strategy and approach for next season to give the supporters some insight into recruitment policy?
  • Will there be any matches shown live on AVTV for international viewers (I am assuming this is a no)? This was much appreciated for our Championship run.
  • Are there any mandates for Smith to promote youth into the senior squad? What's the assessment criteria for a youth player to become a senior player?
  • What programs are in place to transition players from the academy to the first team and help prepare them for a successful future in the first team?
  • Is individual talent the focal point of development within these programs, or are there systems to identify qualities such as commitment to club ethos?

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just a note - this has been postponed to the 11th June as Mr Purslow has a Premier League meeting to attend on Tuesday.

Ok think we can give him a pass on this one 😜

• Haha 2

Yes Villa Park could do with further modernisation but I think some of the criticism here is OTT. I have been to far, far, worse stadiums even in the premier league (Palace anyone?). Wembley is looking worn out already after 12 years and that is a soulness concrete blob in the north london suburbs. 

In fairness to Lerner he did spend money on the ground in the lower north, exec boxes and holte pub but that was nearly a decade ago and things have moved on a bit in the football world. 

• Like 1

I've been waiting for the rendering on the outside of the North Stand to be cleaned and painted since I was an 8 year old kid. I'm 34 now. It just needs cleaning and painting white. Cant be that hard/expensive can it? 

On 30/05/2019 at 19:18, Mark_1989 said:

Can you raise the issue of away fans sitting in boxes in the trinity road. This is something that seriously p***ses me off. Time and time again they are up celebrating and goading home fans when they are in boxes designed for home support. Stewards do nothing, also same for fans sat in seats within the trinity road, I.e I’m sure if United, Liverpool etc score this season they will be up celebrating - the stewards do absolutely nothing. It should be zero policy if they celebrate kick them out! 

Ive raised this many times but nothing gets done.

But take matters into your own hands and the stewards will be straight on to you. 

• Like 1

On 30/05/2019 at 22:04, PompeyVillan said:

I'm interested in ticket pricing I'd love to see a full Villa Park each week, but it won't happen if tickets are too expensive. 

I'm also interested in their plans for the stadium, if they have any. Renovation of the North Stand has been on the agenda for years. 

They will go up, but we’ve always remained reasonable in terms of pricing. Mid table at worst for ticket prices, and that’s when we were fighting for top four. Next season will see a lot of sell outs regardless. 

Not a biggie but I'd like to see some more reasonable pricing on kids kits.

My two children are just on the cusp of 'getting' what football, and Villa, is all about and they loved the 3rd kit this year...it just cost close to £100 to get them both sorted.

I guess U14 season tickets are £50 to help grow the Pride - I think kits could be part of that too idea to with a much lower cost to get them on board.

• Like 1

Â