Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

On 03/06/2019 at 23:20, TrentVilla said:

The thing I'd like to know is are there any short, medium or long-term plans to expand/develop Villa Park?

Yes !! - we could maybe have one of them Theme Park thingys !!

4 hours ago, midian said:

Just seen that at the meeting yday Purslow said we have been compliant with the EFL and no longer under investigation and Purslow has asked for a statement off EFL to tell the public this 👏

Which he first confirmed at Christmas ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, midian said:

Just seen that at the meeting yday Purslow said we have been compliant with the EFL and no longer under investigation and Purslow has asked for a statement off EFL to tell the public this 👏

Haha

Blues and Bristol city fans will be heartbroke

21 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

I thought the FCG meeting was on the 4th June? Is there a reason there was another one so soon last night or am I missing anything?

Anyway, did anybody go/ is there anything interesting that came out of the meeting?

The meeting was postponed a week as Mr Purslow was at a Premier league meeting. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

The meeting was postponed a week as Mr Purslow was at a Premier league meeting. 

Absolutely unacceptable behaviour from Purslow. Worrying that he can not keep to a schedule. Purslow out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The meeting happened last night and whilst it wouldn't be fair of me to offer up the details prior to the notes being released, I'll give you a couple of bits about the feel of the meeting if I may.

Firstly, Christian Purslow and Paul Tyrrell came to us a few minutes late from another meeting, and Mr Purslow left a few minutes early at 21:15 to go to another meeting - these are very busy people - getting promoted comes with a lot of work - work they're doing right now - work that consumes their time.

We were in the room for nearly three hours.

That's a lot of time to give to us, you can pay lip service to fans in a much shorter time if you want to. These two gave a huge chunk of their evening to a group of fan representatives and insisted on answering every single question on our agenda - for me, that says good things about them and hopefully good things about how the club thinks of fans.

He's an impressive fella our CEO, he's clear, he's sharp and he'll let you know what he thinks. He doesn't sugar anything for us and he 's very protective of those areas of the club where he needs to be protective. I've been in meetings with a few of these chaps now and some of them could be accused of trying to be a bit matey, a bit "ahhh football eh lads!". Not this one; Purslow is all business. I think he'd throw me under a bus if was the right thing for the club, I think he'd fight the entire league on our behalf, I can't imagine him being intimidated by any agent or player. He's never been anything but polite, charming and erudite in these meetings, he's exactly as you see him in interviews, but there's something about him that says stone cold killer. I like this a great deal in the man that runs my football club.

When the notes are out, there are a few parts where I'll add my feelings and impressions on some of the things that were talked about - there's some quite positive stuff. 

In short, it was three hours where the club talked through every issue - no distractions in the answers, no stories about the old days, or in-jokes, just straightforward professionalism and answers that were always clear and to the point.

There's nothing earth shattering to come - but lots of small bits of progress that hopefully point in the right direction.

Thanks, any idea when the notes etc will be made available?

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Thanks, any idea when the notes etc will be made available?

Ah, now. I got slightly confused. It could be tomorrow - I've a feeling it'll be next week though - there was a lot to make notes on. 

Sorry.

• Thanks 1

On 11/06/2019 at 08:25, hippo said:

I would like to know why the minutes of the meeting are kept under wraps for round 2 weeks - with attendees sworn to secrecy - yet when the minutes are released there is nothing controversial in them.

Don't know about you but noone can ever be bothered to send out minutes quickly following the meetings i go to at work. Two weeks seems fairly normal for a set of minutes and actions which barely resemble what was actually discussed

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fonz said:

Don't know about you but noone can ever be bothered to send out minutes quickly following the meetings i go to at work. Two weeks seems fairly normal for a set of minutes and actions which barely resemble what was actually discussed

Have meeting, transcribe notes, run it past the bigwigs to make sure it's what they want to reflect, make amendments, shoot it past the bigwigs again, publish. That don't happen overnight.

15 minutes ago, fonz said:

I know - but in the mean time it would seem those attending the meeting are under a gagging order - until the minutes come out.

19 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

If rumours are correct about Purslow's FFP comments, that would be very big news. Not earth shattering, but it would mean that thousands of Villa fans could breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Any comment OBE? Even if it's just an emoji!

joaquin phoenix thumbs up GIF

• Like 1

On 12/06/2019 at 20:20, OutByEaster? said:

The meeting happened last night and whilst it wouldn't be fair of me to offer up the details prior to the notes being released, I'll give you a couple of bits about the feel of the meeting if I may.

Firstly, Christian Purslow and Paul Tyrrell came to us a few minutes late from another meeting, and Mr Purslow left a few minutes early at 21:15 to go to another meeting - these are very busy people - getting promoted comes with a lot of work - work they're doing right now - work that consumes their time.

We were in the room for nearly three hours.

That's a lot of time to give to us, you can pay lip service to fans in a much shorter time if you want to. These two gave a huge chunk of their evening to a group of fan representatives and insisted on answering every single question on our agenda - for me, that says good things about them and hopefully good things about how the club thinks of fans.

He's an impressive fella our CEO, he's clear, he's sharp and he'll let you know what he thinks. He doesn't sugar anything for us and he 's very protective of those areas of the club where he needs to be protective. I've been in meetings with a few of these chaps now and some of them could be accused of trying to be a bit matey, a bit "ahhh football eh lads!". Not this one; Purslow is all business. I think he'd throw me under a bus if was the right thing for the club, I think he'd fight the entire league on our behalf, I can't imagine him being intimidated by any agent or player. He's never been anything but polite, charming and erudite in these meetings, he's exactly as you see him in interviews, but there's something about him that says stone cold killer. I like this a great deal in the man that runs my football club.

When the notes are out, there are a few parts where I'll add my feelings and impressions on some of the things that were talked about - there's some quite positive stuff. 

In short, it was three hours where the club talked through every issue - no distractions in the answers, no stories about the old days, or in-jokes, just straightforward professionalism and answers that were always clear and to the point.

There's nothing earth shattering to come - but lots of small bits of progress that hopefully point in the right direction.

Whats Erudite ? 

Sounds like another signing, a Swedish winger Jasper Erudite ? 

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Whats Erudite ? 

Sounds like another signing, a Swedish winger Jasper Erudite ? 

Erudite is a type of ore from which you can mine undiscovered gems of players you can then built a champions league winning team from

Â