Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The recently-released accounts for the year up to May 2018 describe a challenging time for the football club.

Since that period, Aston Villa’s future was further placed into jeopardy until it was purchased by two extremely well qualified and successful international sports businessmen. They have subsequently invested a significant amount of their own cash to clear all debts and to pay the bills for this season and beyond.

A very experienced CEO has been appointed with a new Sporting Director and Head Coach also joining the club and the new management team have begun a structured process of rebalancing the club’s financial position and playing squad.

The new ownership group will continue to support the club financially while it rebuilds with a new strategy centred around lowering the age profile of the playing squad, reducing the wage bill, giving home-grown players more opportunities and complying with future FFP regulations.

Our target is to re-establish Aston Villa as one of the country’s top performing clubs.

Can someone make this a sticky post in the VT forum? So that the wacko faction who want us to hire Mourinho and sign the big names can just be directed to go and read it so we can stop having to read the "how far we've fallen, we're Aston Villa we should be in the Champions League next year, no ambition if we're not signing Messi, job's too big etc etc." posts so much and realise where we are and what we're doing about it... 

The recently-released accounts for the year up to May 2018 describe a challenging time for the football club.

Since that period, Aston Villa’s future was further placed into jeopardy until it was purchased by two extremely well qualified and successful international sports businessmen. They have subsequently invested a significant amount of their own cash to clear all debts and to pay the bills for this season and beyond.

A very experienced CEO has been appointed with a new Sporting Director and Head Coach also joining the club and the new management team have begun a structured process of rebalancing the club’s financial position and playing squad.

The new ownership group will continue to support the club financially while it rebuilds with a new strategy centred around lowering the age profile of the playing squad, reducing the wage bill, giving home-grown players more opportunities and complying with future FFP regulations.

Our target is to re-establish Aston Villa as one of the country’s top performing clubs.

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Can someone make this a sticky post in the VT forum? So that the wacko faction who want us to hire Mourinho and sign the big names can just be directed to go and read it so we can stop having to read the "how far we've fallen, we're Aston Villa we should be in the Champions League next year, no ambition if we're not signing Messi, job's too big etc etc." posts so much and realise where we are and what we're doing about it... 

Are you really that impressed with the text in bold ? - I mean we are always indebted to them for bailing us out of the shite xia built. But going forward is that anything we haven't heard before ? 

24 minutes ago, hippo said:

Are you really that impressed with the text in bold ? - I mean we are always indebted to them for bailing us out of the shite xia built. But going forward is that anything we haven't heard before ? 

As an answer to the actual questions 2 and 3 the response is, quite frankly, pathetic.

I think they should hire elon musk as a consultant and put plans in place for two adjacent transparent tunnels from star city to Villa Park. for the people who come to the game by car.

One for home fans and one for away so these kids football manager dad's can give each other the rocket polisher sign on the walk up to Villa Park just like the train scene at the start of green street.

48 minutes ago, hippo said:

Didn't say I was impressed with it, it is however the reality of our situation, Smith and Pitarch are heading up the sporting side of "lowering the age profile of the playing squad, reducing the wage bill, giving home-grown players more opportunities". Anyone thinking that we should be splashing the cash on big names etc. should be thinking again after reading that. The rest of the bold text sets the context as to why that is necessary and finishes with a bog standard airy fairy promise of greatness to fans, which I could give two shits about really. My point was that there seems to be some people wanting a new big name manager, high spend on players etc. and they should be directed to this direct message from the club as to our situation and current goals. Nothing more, nothing less. 

28 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

As an answer to the actual questions 2 and 3 the response is, quite frankly, pathetic.

YEah it's a virtual non answer to 2, but it sets out our stall regards to 3 well enough doesn't it? No details obviously but you can't expect them really.

• Like 1

Regarding avtv - last weekend I had the pleasure of watching the game on rams tv which was far superior in every way to avtv - maybe we should look at how derby present their games and learn a few lessons 

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Didn't say I was impressed with it, it is however the reality of our situation, Smith and Pitarch are heading up the sporting side of "lowering the age profile of the playing squad, reducing the wage bill, giving home-grown players more opportunities". Anyone thinking that we should be splashing the cash on big names etc. should be thinking again after reading that. The rest of the bold text sets the context as to why that is necessary and finishes with a bog standard airy fairy promise of greatness to fans, which I could give two shits about really. My point was that there seems to be some people wanting a new big name manager, high spend on players etc. and they should be directed to this direct message from the club as to our situation and current goals. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I think fans will always want a big name manager and big spending...sure there are examples of clubs succeeding by other methods...but put those two foundations in place thats when things change.

If the current owners wont or can not do that - I dont think we can complain as they are keeping us afloat at great expense to themselves.

I dont agree that youth players and bargain basement players are the way towards anything though....but perhaps we have no option

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Regarding avtv - last weekend I had the pleasure of watching the game on rams tv which was far superior in every way to avtv - maybe we should look at how derby present their games and learn a few lessons 

Paul Tyrell, Chief of Corporate affairs came to Villa Park from Derby and is very proud of the work he did there in helping get Rams TV working. We stole their guy. We have those lessons in house - I would hope we'll see them transferred into our output.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

Is anyone else disappointed by the responses to the questions above?  They really didn't answer anything...

It reminds me of when I was a kid on the weekend and my Mum used to ask me multiple times if my homework was done and sorted and I'd say yes. Then at 10pm on a Sunday night I'd be rushing it because I hadn't actually done it. The result was more red crosses than I should have got because I brushed stuff I knew off instead of continuing to work at it when I was already aware of what I needed to do. 

Actions speak louder than words. 

• 2 months later...

There's another of these on the 4th June, which might well include Mr Purslow.

If you've anything that you'd like asked on behalf of VT, anything that you don't like about the way the club does things, questions on tickets, kit, merchandise, AVTV, transport, travel, whatever - this is the place....

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Can we finally pay off this catering fooking company now we are back in the league so I can buy a bloody pie at half time?

really?, no pies available??

Can the pride rewards be simplified  ?

- it seems I download an app, register a card, put some cash on it, spend cash on card - then i get pride reward points - I haven't bothered with any of this, mainly because the points don't seem to do anything - other than maybe have your name on the scoreboard (Im too old for that !!!!) 

Â