Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

Also, get some friggin beer trays walking round at half time to buy on the fly like the Jaeger shot-girls in clubs. 

And pie trays. Pie trays would be good.

2 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Not a biggie but I'd like to see some more reasonable pricing on kids kits.

My two children are just on the cusp of 'getting' what football, and Villa, is all about and they loved the 3rd kit this year...it just cost close to £100 to get them both sorted.

I guess U14 season tickets are £50 to help grow the Pride - I think kits could be part of that too idea to with a much lower cost to get them on board.

From a marketing perspective surely kids kits should be sold at cost price? 

The kids are the future of the club, we should be encouraging as many as possible to support the club and wear the kit. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, May-Z said:

I guess U14 season tickets are £50 to help grow the Pride - I think kits could be part of that too idea to with a much lower cost to get them on board.

Just on this in general (and not to do with the FCG meeting) - it's not easy to link these two deals and I don't think it's even possible.

My understanding is that - the club controls season ticket prices and deals - Fanatics control our merchandising - it's not the club that price the shirts, or decide on how many are made or what sizes are available, and it's impossible to link Pride Rewards to the shirts and training gear in the shop because these are two separate companies - Fanatics bought our shirt operation in it's entirety - it's a Fanatics product with a Villa badge, not a Villa shirt made by Fanatics.

I find the deal increasingly frustrating.

Probably already mentioned but more details on resale scheme for ST Holders please. Would like to have one again (especially for earlier access to away games) but already know I won’t be able to make every game due to prior commitments.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I've been waiting for the rendering on the outside of the North Stand to be cleaned and painted since I was an 8 year old kid. I'm 34 now. It just needs cleaning and painting white. Cant be that hard/expensive can it? 

I'm pretty sure it was cleaned in the Lerner era.  It was virtually black at one point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-Are the ownership selling the stadium? 

-If so do the ownership understand why this concept is problematic to the fan base as a point of club pride and given the sad example of Coventry City down the road. 

-If a sale is imminent, are any measures being put in place to protect the long-term retention of the stadium as Villa’s home (a ‘trust’ or condition of sale clause etc). 

-Under the proposed format of sale is it possible that the club could be sold at a future date without the linked sale of the stadium?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A few minor things:

First of all well done to the club regarding the travel arrangements for Wembley; lessons learnt from last year. Breezed through the traffic this year with plenty of time to spare. Just a shame there was no City Centre drop-offs.

Following promotion, any plans to reopen a shop in the City Centre.

U23/Reserves – whether it’s the website, twitter or programmes, can we have better coverage. Not asking for a lot: just the basics done well (accurately).  Can we have some feedback on the Birmingham Senior Cup: was it deemed a successful exercise; will we enter it again this year (I managed to get to a few games & enjoyed them).

Any plans for extra copies of the play-off final programme to be made available. I didn’t bother to get one on the day, but if I see one I’d probably buy one now!

Following cabbagegate, security has been stepped up by funnelling fans into ‘pens’ before entering the ground. With space inside at a premium, could these areas be used at half-time to help congestion/add temporary wheel on/off food & Drink stalls.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

-Are the ownership selling the stadium? 

-If so do the ownership understand why this concept is problematic to the fan base as a point of club pride and given the sad example of Coventry City down the road. 

-If a sale is imminent, are any measures being put in place to protect the long-term retention of the stadium as Villa’s home (a ‘trust’ or condition of sale clause etc). 

-Under the proposed format of sale is it possible that the club could be sold at a future date without the linked sale of the stadium?

I can do this one.

No

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Can we have a season review for sale please. Because I will like to review this season regularly.  My 2014-15 one is gathering dust as we speak!

But with a crowd noise only option.  I didn’t need a commentator screaming banalities at me while I was at the game so I don’t need it for a DVD either!

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I just want to be able to buy a pie.
Can I get a pie please?

I just want a pie at half time.

I want a pie each for me, my wife, my daughter and my son. 

My daughter usually only takes a bite though and throws the rest away so ideally I only want approximately 3.14 pies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Great if true, I look forward to club clarifying this. 

The rumour was not that the ground would be sold. It was that an asset would be moved from one part of the business to another. You seem to have jumped to the conclusion that the ground would be sold based on a misunderstanding. I doubt they will clarify that.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, limpid said:

The rumour was not that the ground would be sold. It was that an asset would be moved from one part of the business to another. You seem to have jumped to the conclusion that the ground would be sold based on a misunderstanding. I doubt they will clarify that.

This is not the rumour. You cannot move the stadium from ‘one part of the business to another’ and realise this as profit. The rumour is that we are planning in ‘doing a derby’, where the ground is sold to a separate entity to Aston Villa Ltd., albeit one which is also owned by NSWE. If this doesn’t make you uncomfortable and you trust NSWE implicitly then fine, but it is hardly standard practice and the fans deserve clarity. 

Derby issued a statement around the sale of their stadium:

“The board reassures its fans that restrictions have been included in the transaction to protect the interests of the club, the local community and the use of the stadium in its current and previous forms enduring into the future.”

This is the minimum level of assurance that we should expect from Villa if they are planning something similar and this is what my questions are getting at.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

This is the minimum level of assurance that we should expect from Villa if they are planning something similar and this is what my questions are getting at.

And there is that "if" again. Why would you assume that this is anything like your example? I don't know why you expect the owners to comment on any speculation caused by them restructuring the business. If they were going to do that they'd have said something about diluting Xia's shareholding to the point of irrelevance.

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

The thing I'd like to know is are there any short, medium or long-term plans to expand/develop Villa Park?

They would have inherited at least two sets of plans from both Lerner and Xia to redevelop the ground. I doubt the owners will launch straight into it. First priority is to re-establish ourselves a a premier league club in the next 2-3 years. Then after that I suspect they may do some stuff at the ground. I'd rather they keep quiet and concentrate on the pitch at the moment as talk is cheap. I still remember Wyness talking nonsense about a 60,000 Villa Park.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, limpid said:

And there is that "if" again. Why would you assume that this is anything like your example? I don't know why you expect the owners to comment on any speculation caused by them restructuring the business. If they were going to do that they'd have said something about diluting Xia's shareholding to the point of irrelevance.

...This is our one chance all year to ask questions of the Villa hierarchy. I have a question I would like asked.

You obviously think it is a stupid question; I don’t. I think a stadium ‘sale’ is imminent as theorised by the likes of Dave J and Price of Football on Twitter based on their analysis of our accounts, EFL FFP and the recent shenanigans on Company’s House . I think this could impact the club or fans in the long-term.

The Villa hierarchy are welcome to confirm, deny, clarify or ignore entirely this question as they see fit. But I would like it asked.

That’s all I have to say on this subject.

• Like 4

Â