Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We often say that with those people that run our clubs, actions speak louder than words, and I'm happy to say that Mr Purslow followed up on his promise to arrange a meeting with the relevant heads of department this evening., It was good to hear from those in charge of facilities, catering and our media output on issues which particularly related to their areas. I won't go into too much detail as minutes will follow, but it was good to cover some of those topics and there are a couple of positive things that can only help.

Any mentions of safe standing plans ?

34 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Oh and free tickets for Armed Forces veterans .

Note: RAF and Navy only.

FTFY. :)

Also, Scott it would be helpful to me at least to be able to buy home tickets longer in advance than we can currently. Usually There’s only the next 2 home games available. I would like to see that as soon as the date is set ( I.e. tv isn’t going to move it) the tickets are made available for sale via the website. It would help me for example with train tickets ( cheaper to buy them in advance) and general planning. It might also lead to increased ticket sales for the club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, blandy said:

FTFY. :)

Also, Scott it would be helpful to me at least to be able to buy home tickets longer in advance than we can currently. Usually There’s only the next 2 home games available. I would like to see that as soon as the date is set ( I.e. tv isn’t going to move it) the tickets are made available for sale via the website. It would help me for example with train tickets ( cheaper to buy them in advance) and general planning. It might also lead to increased ticket sales for the club.

That's one that 's been raised before - I personally think it would be good if we could buy tickets for any game as soon as the fixtures were released - there are commercial reason why that doesn't work, and the current system is better than last seasons (as a result of feedback), but there's certainly room for some improvement on it. I'll make a note for the next one.

• Like 1

Bottles were raised – our focus is on more draught provision.  One point made by the club was the challenge of how often we open.  One quick pour machine that would pour 12 pints a minute costs £20k, and it is difficult to see a return on that kind of investment when only used on matchdays 25 times a year.

It is not really about a return on investment though, is it? It is about providing and improving a garbage service and satisfying your customers.

Utterly pathetic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It is not really about a return on investment though, is it? It is about providing and improving a garbage service and satisfying your customers.

Utterly pathetic.

Agreed, it's annoying and frustrating for the loyal fans that are there week in week out and the clubs response is basically that we will have to put up with it as it's of no benefit to them to improve it.

If they were to improve the service they would have more people buying each week and a better matchday experience for fans who perhaps don't go week in week out.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It is not really about a return on investment though, is it?

Surely it is though? Spending 20k on a machine that probably still won't satisfy everyone - 12 pints a minute is still "only" 180 at half time, not including the time for someone to hand them out and take payment, so they'd probably need a couple per stand. That's 8, so you're talking 160k (or Micah Richards' monthly wage...) for a simple "this MAY work..." solution - that's not necessarily viable

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Utterly pathetic.

We are obviously trying to save money anywhere we can until we get back to being a premier league club. 

• 2 months later...

Can the club look at more than just Full and Half Season Tickets.

A better price for say a 2 game package and 3 game package and so on.  across thd season not just when ticket sales are poor! Take season ticket prices and divide by the number of games in a season and multiple by the amount of games wanted rounded up to the nearest £1.

Would be popular with people coming home at Christmas and Birthday presents.

Can you find out why the badge on any clothing that isn't made by Luke has a crappy cheap looking badge.

I would like to invest in the core range for instance but as the badge looks like something Vista Print would embroider on corporate clothing I don't buy.  It can't be that difficult to have a uniformed badge across all clothing items.

Failing that make sure the kit supplier does all the clothing not just training gear.

More Retro kits with official suppliers too like they have done with Umbro this year.  Le Coq Sportif and Hummel next please. Add Tracksuit Tops and bring out long sleeve variants of shirts too.

Bring back season ticket discount in store too please!

On 01/03/2019 at 12:22, OutByEaster? said:

All, apologies for the late notice - there's another of these on Tuesday 5th March. 

If there's anything you'd like raised, please let me know as soon as you can.

Hi OBE, did the meeting take place yesterday?  If so, anything of interest to us fans?  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Hi OBE, did the meeting take place yesterday?  If so, anything of interest to us fans?  

It did, there will be some minutes produced in the next day or two which will cover everything. It was generally quite positive, some interesting things, some sensible things and some small things that are being done. Once the minutes are out, I'll add the things that I got from proceedings.

• Thanks 3

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It did, there will be some minutes produced in the next day or two which will cover everything. It was generally quite positive, some interesting things, some sensible things and some small things that are being done. Once the minutes are out, I'll add the things that I got from proceedings.

Cheers OBE, very much appreciated.  Will look forward to seeing them.  

• Like 1

Â