Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Was you there on Monday? It made the fans sing even louder! 

If you read my comments on the Villa Park Atmosphere thread you will see exactly what I thought about the after full time songs. 

• Like 1

I think Don’t Look Back In Anger is much better than that woeful Alliez, Alliez, Alliez song that we ripped off from Liverpool and just sounds rubbish. DLBIA still make sense because we’re not looking back in anger and we’re continuing to move onwards and upwards as a club. 

Raising the Claret Club issue is a really great shout! Absolutely fair play to any fans who utilised it to full effect and I respect that entirely. I wish I’d have done the same.

I still can’t help feeling bitter towards the club, though, that I had a four game plus semi final booking but still missed out. The question as to why the semi final didn’t count also needs to be asked. It didn’t make any sense and neither does not including the cup games. 

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I think Don’t Look Back In Anger is much better than that woeful Alliez, Alliez, Alliez song that we ripped off from Liverpool and just sounds rubbish. DLBIA still make sense because we’re not looking back in anger and we’re continuing to move onwards and upwards as a club. 

Raising the Claret Club issue is a really great shout! Absolutely fair play to any fans who utilised it to full effect and I respect that entirely. I wish I’d have done the same.

I still can’t help feeling bitter towards the club, though, that I had a four game plus semi final booking but still missed out. The question as to why the semi final didn’t count also needs to be asked. It didn’t make any sense and neither does not including the cup games. 

Woeful allez allez allez? 

That's probably one of the best anthems we have had in ages. Definitely by yourself with it being 'woeful' 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

That's probably one of the best anthems we have had in ages. Definitely by yourself with it being 'woeful' 

Yeah I'm not sure I'd describe it as ripped off from Liverpool when they in turn used the chant from Porto I believe. Teams take easy to chant songs and change the lyrics 9 times out of 10. How many truly unique chants do we expect any football team to have?

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry mate, I just don’t like it for some reason   :( 

I probably am on own as most fans seem to love it. 

Probably one for the “Things that piss you off that shouldn’t” thread 😋

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Yeah I'm not sure I'd describe it as ripped off from Liverpool when they in turn used the chant from Porto I believe. Teams take easy to chant songs and change the lyrics 9 times out of 10. How many truly unique chants do we expect any football team to have?

The chant is completely different the Liverpool version goes like this

"we've conquered all of europe

We're never gonna stop

From Paris down to turkey

We've won the lot

Bob paisley and Bill shankley

The fields of a field road

We are loyal supporters and we come form Liverpool 

Allez allez allez" 

Yeah big time rip off version. Sounds absolutely nothing alike 😂 

Edited by Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Sorry mate, I just don’t like it for some reason   :( 

I probably am on own as most fans seem to love it. 

Probably one for the “Things that piss you off that shouldn’t” thread 😋

Each to their own mate. I love it though. I much prefer it to holtenders in the sky

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The chant is completely different the Liverpool version goes like this

"we've conquered all of europe

We're never gonna stop

From Paris down to turkey

We've won the lot

Bob paisley and Bill shankley

The fields of a field road

We are loyal supporters and we come form Liverpool 

Allez allez allez" 

Yeah big time rip off version. Sounds absolutely nothing alike 😂 

I think because it’s the same tune is why some may call it a rip off. It’s the original adaptation of a song that I think supporters take pride in.

If another club’s supporters started singing a song based on “kumbaya” or “ghost riders in the sky” but with different words, I’m sure there would be a few Villans complaining they nicked it.

In this case, Liverpool appear to have nicked off another club so they can’t have any complaints. We’ve certainly been very vocal with our version.

• Like 1

Another ticket issue I've come across: the away scheme. 

My Dad missed out on a ticket for the Albion away playoff game (he had 16 aways). He missed out because people who bought into the away scheme are allowed unlimited returns. We knew of an away scheme member who'd been to four aways all season (and I imagine there was a fair few others) but was allowed priority access to the tickets. Surely there needs to be a limit on the amount of returns? 3-5 across a season seems fair, but unlimited is just a slap in the face to those who've been to almost every game.

• Like 2

Don't look back in anger is one of the greatest Villa songs. I had a tear in my eye as I belted it out on Monday.

I love walking out of Villa Park and hearing the piano kick in. It gives me an enormous sense of well being.

I feel like the old piss  head geordie walking on the bridge at the end of our friends in the north....a total legend!

Edited by screwdriver
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I keep raising this one.  We need a competent editor of the matchday programme.  There are too many typos, too many factual errors and too much waffle and banality.  I don’t expect Daily Telegraph standard English but a step up from Birmingham Mail standard “journalism” is long overdue.

In terms of format, binding, graphic design and photography, it’s actually really good.

Wait... We have a programme? 

Can you raise the issue of away fans sitting in boxes in the trinity road. This is something that seriously p***ses me off. Time and time again they are up celebrating and goading home fans when they are in boxes designed for home support. Stewards do nothing, also same for fans sat in seats within the trinity road, I.e I’m sure if United, Liverpool etc score this season they will be up celebrating - the stewards do absolutely nothing. It should be zero policy if they celebrate kick them out! 

Ive raised this many times but nothing gets done.

Edited by Mark_1989

35 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Can you raise the issue of away fans sitting in boxes in the trinity road. This is something that seriously p***ses me off. Time and time again they are up celebrating and goading home fans when they are in boxes designed for home support. Stewards do nothing, also same for fans sat in seats within the trinity road, I.e I’m sure if United, Liverpool etc score this season they will be up celebrating - the stewards do absolutely nothing. It should be zero policy if they celebrate kick them out! 

Ive raised this many times but nothing gets done.

Corporate boxes will always have away fans in I am afraid.  Them acting like dicks I think something should be done agreed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I think Don’t Look Back In Anger is much better than that woeful Alliez, Alliez, Alliez song that we ripped off from Liverpool 

Really? Don't Look Back In Anger makes me cringe. Far too associated with Manchester and Man City for me. I hate it every time it comes on at VP.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2019 at 21:18, S-Platt said:

Why take season tickets off sale strike whilst the iron is hot.

To second this, don’t understand why given Monday’s result, I got home on Tuesday and wanted to renew my lapsed season tickets and couldn’t, as @S-Platt said we didn’t know what league we would be in but would/still want to buy, do we have a limit on season ticket holders?

I'm interested in ticket pricing I'd love to see a full Villa Park each week, but it won't happen if tickets are too expensive. 

I'm also interested in their plans for the stadium, if they have any. Renovation of the North Stand has been on the agenda for years. 

• Like 1

Â