Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

2) Derby County revealed recently they sold Pride Park to the club’s owner Mel Morris for £80 million last year to have it leased back. The press and other CEO’s have suggested Villa had plans to do the same, especially if they failed to win promotion.   Is the fact that there is a subsidiary company called ‘NSWE Stadium Ltd’ linked to this in any way?

Aston Villa’s assets - the football club, stadium, training ground, Academy, retail store etc. are commonly owned by companies controlled by Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens. The Club and our owners have no intention whatsoever of selling the stadium to a third party.

Feel like he dodged the question there, Mel Morris is not a 3rd party at Derby

• Like 4

On 21/06/2019 at 12:05, OutByEaster? said:

2) Derby County revealed recently they sold Pride Park to the club’s owner Mel Morris for £80 million last year to have it leased back. The press and other CEO’s have suggested Villa had plans to do the same, especially if they failed to win promotion.   Is the fact that there is a subsidiary company called ‘NSWE Stadium Ltd’ linked to this in any way?

Aston Villa’s assets - the football club, stadium, training ground, Academy, retail store etc. are commonly owned by companies controlled by Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens. The Club and our owners have no intention whatsoever of selling the stadium to a third party.

And they haven't. Of course, that wasn't the question that was being asked, so he simply answered a different, more convenient question instead. 

Spot on, @Junxs

Frankly, I think it makes an absolute laughing stock of these meetings. They're very open, honest, and transparent, as long as you ask the questions that they want to answer. they may as well just fire out a press release.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 21/06/2019 at 13:23, Demitri_C said:

My question never got asked about a hibs friendly =(

If my repeated question about the quality of the journalism and the editorial standard of the matchday programme is anything to go by, you will wait a long time....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The next full meeting will be on the 12th November. it's a chance for us to raise any concerns, suggestions or ideas with the board and get written answers in response - if there's anything you'd like asked, please let us know!

Also, to catch up, there was recently an update meeting on club heritage where the club talked about the work they've done (pretty well in my opinion) on the outside of Villa Park this year; the wraps around the old office building and different parts of the ground, including the big one across the back of the North Stand, the revamp of the North stand hospitality areas which includes a long wall with the history of the club, and some of the smaller things they've done which you might not have noticed around the ground - repainting the gold Lions on the Holte End gates for example.

The club are still looking to improve anything around Villa Park where there's an untidiness or something simple that can be done to keep the place special - there's a thread for that and I'll take anything from there to the meeting and pass it on.

One are that will shortly be changed is the area you may have noticed along the Trinity Road side of the Holte End, where there are currently eleven empty frames which will at some point in the future display the All time Aston Villa eleven. That's a pretty subjective group - and the club will be seeking your opinions on who should be in each of those frames - with some debate on the best way to select a team. I'm sure you have some ideas on who you'd like to be in that team and it will be a fan selected eleven - keep an eye out.

The second area is in the concourses around Villa Park - the club are looking at ways in which they can invest money in improving the concourses - and they're looking for feedback on what you'd like to see, how you think things can be improved and where that money is best spent. There are regulations on keeping the spaces as clear as possible in case of emergencies, but the club representatives seem very open to any ideas - if you have any, please put them in here and we'll feed them back.

Agenda items for the full meeting are to be submitted on 5th November, so if you do have anything you'd like raised, please add them to this thread by the end of the 4th November and we'll do our best to get them asked at the meeting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On the half time pie debate. I was being served in the Upper Trinity, I forget which game this season. The guy serving in the counter was getting some stick. He was looking for support from his senior, which wasn’t forthcoming. He seemed new, like day 1 new. He was asking if there were runners, to fetch the orders etc. While he continued serving. There wasn’t. Not sure if that could be an option to get things moving quicker?

Not sure if Villa or Network Rail but can they repaint the bridges at Aston and Witton Stations Claret and Blue maybe have some Villa Badges would look class with the flags they have on lamp posts.

Also the kids park opposite Trinity should be Claret and Blue get the locals into the spirit.

8 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Not sure if Villa or Network Rail but can they repaint the bridges at Aston and Witton Stations Claret and Blue maybe have some Villa Badges would look class with the flags they have on lamp posts.

This one is the cause of much gnashing and wailing - if I remember rightly, the bridge is owned by network rail - the club have offered on a number of occasions to repaint the bridge and do work on the station (as well as looking into renaming the station) - the rail authorities aren't in the slightest bit interested in letting the club do anything and they've had no success in making any progress on it at all. This has been going on since Lerner and his team arrived and there's been no change in the situation since our new owners arrived and h ave tried the same thing.

Who designed the 3rd kit ? - it's a complete embarrassement.

In fact none of the kits are as good as the Luke one - Kappa have delivered precisely what many of us feared . .is there any chance of going back to the Luke kits ?

• Like 1

Can you ask about sport in the local community. Numerous times when heading to the ground (fields at the back of Aston Manor), I see groups of kids (mainly of the Asian community)being coached football. Once finished they head home. As this happens so close to KO I’ve often wondered why the club don’t go out and give the teams season tickets. It will help bring the local community in and also bring through a new generation of supporters, hopefully avoiding them supporting Liverpool/City etc 

• Like 3

Kit supplier has to be changed next season. If the contract is longer, I'm sure this season's performance gives them grounds to cancel it. They're missing out on thousands and thousands of pounds because people can't buy the kit or training tops. I've tried to July right after they came out and this month. FWIW the look of the Luke kits last season were absolutely fantastic for me, I'd happily go to the for design again. I would hope the club is in a strong position should we stay up because of the attendance figures.

Thoughts on first team transfers in January welcome, are we in a position to spend? Countering that, what immediate actions are likely should we go down this season? I don't think anyone will be rushing to give us £22m for Wes. Is the scouting setup still Jesus and his two disciples for the most part?

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

This one is the cause of much gnashing and wailing - if I remember rightly, the bridge is owned by network rail - the club have offered on a number of occasions to repaint the bridge and do work on the station (as well as looking into renaming the station) - the rail authorities aren't in the slightest bit interested in letting the club do anything and they've had no success in making any progress on it at all. This has been going on since Lerner and his team arrived and there's been no change in the situation since our new owners arrived and h ave tried the same thing.

Get the new owners to hire Banksy .....a bit of stealth art whilst nobody is looking

• Like 1

Difficult one because I understand why the criteria is set up as it is but away tickets - the ballot is a great idea given sales never seem to even reach season ticket holders any more, could more be available in each ballot?

Can you ask them if there are plans to change kit contracts so that we actually get kits at the same times as all other clubs? 

I’m sure I read something about it being to do with the start and end dates of the kit contracts. The simple solution would obviously to be to have a shorter deal so that the next one can start before the season, instead of weeks into it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, chappy said:

Difficult one because I understand why the criteria is set up as it is but away tickets - the ballot is a great idea given sales never seem to even reach season ticket holders any more, could more be available in each ballot?

agree with this. the big clubs like spurs, man u etc have ballots for pretty much all away tickets i think and our away support is up there with theirs

Â