Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

I’ve  asked about the quality of the Villa News and Record umpteen times.  To my knowledge, the issue has never been raised with the club.

Anyway, the editorial accuracy and journalistic quality of the programme isn’t a patch on what it once was.  Can this be (finally) addressed or should I write in privately?

One of these days I should go through an edition with a highlighter and red pen and send it back to the “editor”.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2019 at 20:49, OutByEaster? said:

Apologies, I'd meant to add this one under the transport issues - the club have been in talks with FIRST, the new franchisee and we are on the list of partnerships that they are keen to continue. It would seem that they'd like to keep the current relationships in place for at least the initial six months of their taking over the franchise, which would include our deal and then hopefully it's something that will stay in place beyond that.

That's all subject to confirmation by FIRST and their teams, but the club are hopeful that we can continue the offer.

I know that Avanti have taken up the discount  offering, however it’s not that easy to get the discount on the old virgin train website you used to use AVFC20 and the discount was automatically applied, does anybody know how it works on Avanti as using the link offers the same price as booking direct on their website.  I can’t believe that the train manager gives you 20% of your fare back.

1 hour ago, Sid4ever said:

I know that Avanti have taken up the discount  offering, however it’s not that easy to get the discount on the old virgin train website you used to use AVFC20 and the discount was automatically applied, does anybody know how it works on Avanti as using the link offers the same price as booking direct on their website.  I can’t believe that the train manager gives you 20% of your fare back.

It's not really for this thread, Sid. But it just works automatically if there are tickets available - it worked for me booking travel to that London for the Final But you have to use the right link - https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/avfc?g4id=7

I've found it easier to use that Virgin's version - so that could be fed back to the club (and I think it's more money off, too 20% instead of 10%, though my memory may be wrong)

The next on of these meetings will be on the 10th March and will be focused on Kits and merchandise - representatives of Kappa and Fanatics will be present to take questions.

If there's anything you'd like asked, please drop questions here before the end of 1st March.

Thank you.

• Like 1

As mentioned in Villa kit thread, the quality of the print is pretty bad. Dean Smith is being interviewed and all you see is cracked logos and peeling badges. It looks awful.

I also wear some of the training gear once a week and it started cracking and peeling after a couple of washes.

Fair to say there have been plenty of size and stock issues too!

• Like 1

If I look at Torino and Napoli the sheer volume of stuff that Kappa does for them needs to be replicated here.  

I want a proper Kappa Villa football for my boy.  Boot bag, Rucksack for school and so on.  This is all available for the two teams mentioned above so why not us?

The Kombat XX range is a start more stuff like this but please can we have blue sleeves on the all Claret shirt?  That would for me anyway be an all time classic as owned the Italy shirts home and away from 2000!

Do not let local companies embroid and ruin stuff like the black range they released!!  It is standard Kappa wear that they have bastardised!

Â