Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I would love to ask if they are planning major upgrades to avtv now we are a premier league club

can afford to bring back Captain Jack

• Haha 1

Few things I wouldn't mind being brought up. At times it seems we have a large fanbase at games willing to spend money each week but the way the club is set up in areas limits how much they are making. Many fans don't bother buying food, drink and merchandise because we simply can't cope with demand at times.

• Separate drinks counters, this would speed up the service and reduce the traffic at the food counters.

• Add card machines to the bars in the Holte Pub and the Holte Suite, again it would speed things up and they would inevitably sell more beer.

• 'Don't Look Back In Anger' should no longer be played, 'Sweet Caroline' should also not be held onto.

• A new PA System would be nice, it's been completely useless since it was installed.

• Pride Rewards is awful, can they look at changing this before the new season.

• Stock levels in the club shop, so much training gear that I wanted to buy hasn't been available since Christmas. I know many fans were after shirts but the sizes were not stocked. 

• Get rid of that screechy horrible noise at the start of each half, it hurts my ears.
  • Like 2

Why take season tickets off sale strike whilst the iron is hot.  Yes I know we did not know the division but promotion means they could keep the early bird prices for me as they will be earning more money.  Staying down they could have added to the cost as people had the chance to get in early.

0% finance can this be done in house or too much hassle?

I want some clarification on the Fanatics deal.  If Luke and now Kappa are designing and Fanatics making are we going to be waiting ages for stock.  Are we going to be getting the full range of Kappa gear that they do for Napoli/Torino or just things that Fanatics make?

Do we get more money now we are Premier League from the Kappa deal and other deals in place.

Who do we owe money to now we are promoted?  Randy? Dr X? 

Finally just thank you to the owners for everything!

• Like 1

Have our priorities shifted now that promotion has been secured?  Is there now significant upgrading/improvements needed at Bodymoor, Villa Park, club shop and surrounding areas around to the ground? 

Will we see the return of a club store in the city centre? 

How does promotion impact on gaining improved investment, sponsorship, endorsements etc? 

Do we still have to be mindful of Financial Fair Play or is this issue now resolved with promotion/TV money? 

Is there still any plans to link up with a club abroad in order to share players etc? 

Would we consider selling the naming rights of Villa Park? 

Does the board have or can share any regrets over the last 12 months?  Also, could someone from the board share there immediate and long term ambitions for the club? 

• Like 4

I keep raising this one.  We need a competent editor of the matchday programme.  There are too many typos, too many factual errors and too much waffle and banality.  I don’t expect Daily Telegraph standard English but a step up from Birmingham Mail standard “journalism” is long overdue.

In terms of format, binding, graphic design and photography, it’s actually really good.

• Like 1

Two questions please.

the sizing of villa training wear and kits, there always seems to be a shortage of s/m/l and there always seem to over order fir plus sizes can this be resolved for next year as it’s very frustrating.

also express that our fan base are very interested in a friendly with Hibernian as both sets of fans have been screaming for a friendly since we signed mcginn and there is a massive mutual respect for one another.

thanks

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Few things I wouldn't mind being brought up. At times it seems we have a large fanbase at games willing to spend money each week but the way the club is set up in areas limits how much they are making. Many fans don't bother buying food, drink and merchandise because we simply can't cope with demand at times.

• Separate drinks counters, this would speed up the service and reduce the traffic at the food counters.

• Add card machines to the bars in the Holte Pub and the Holte Suite, again it would speed things up and they would inevitably sell more beer.

• 'Don't Look Back In Anger' should no longer be played, 'Sweet Caroline' should also not be held onto.

• A new PA System would be nice, it's been completely useless since it was installed.

• Pride Rewards is awful, can they look at changing this before the new season.

• Stock levels in the club shop, so much training gear that I wanted to buy hasn't been available since Christmas. I know many fans were after shirts but the sizes were not stocked. 

• Get rid of that screechy horrible noise at the start of each half, it hurts my ears.

Stop playing those songs ? Don’t get that, they help build atmosphere and both great songs 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Also, please stop playing crap music incredibly loudly before and after games. It kills the atmosphere. 

This please. I don't mind so much beforehand but definitely not after 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I know it's in the past, we won, and should all be happy, etc, but I'd like to raise the appalling handling of tickets for the PO final, and make sure they get feedback so that when we next play at Wembley, it's dealt with more appropriately.

1. What games will and won't count should be more consistent, and known in advance. The playoff semis counted last season, but not this. Away tickets and cup games counted for nothing, it had to be 5/3 home league games, why?
  2. The holding back of blocks was absolutely farcical. I actually benefited from this, as I was in the 5+ wave and got great category 1 seats in a block that was previously unavailable to season ticket holders. Holding back blocks effectively forced season ticket holders to take worse seats, or take the chance of waiting for better seats, but risk not getting a seat at all, it is ridiculous. All seats should be made available, better booking history should mean better choice, not getting the worst seats because you were towards the end of the first allocation.

I'd also add the "Claret Club" issue into this. As I understand it, you pay £30 to be in the claret club and you got access to Final tickets before everyone else bar Season Ticket holders, even if you hadn't gone to a single game.

This didn't affect me, but if I've understood it correctly that doesn't seem very fair. Someone could have gone to 10 home and 10 away games this season and they'd be behind me in the queue because I'd paid £30 in January.

I can understand the club generating a bit of revenue through this claret club by offering benefits, but that seems like a huge benefit to me!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Stop playing those songs ? Don’t get that, they help build atmosphere and both great songs 

No, they kill the atmosphere stopping fans from singing 

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with this suggestion.

Obviously opinion based but it was a song sung at Reading Away 3 seasons ago in a difficult time, the 'Don't Look Back In Anger' lyrics made a lot of sense to the problems we had as a club and the way were dealing with them.

For me in that first season in the Championship playing it after wins was a nice touch, the second season got a bit tedious. This season it's largely killed the atmosphere at the end of games.

At away games there is no music played and the atmosphere is phenomenal when we win, purely the fans singing takes over the stands and the players receive ovations (the song doesn't allow this to happen).

Effectively we are no longer 'looking back in anger'

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Was you there on Monday? It made the fans sing even louder! 

Not after the game it didn't. It absolutely ruined it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Obviously opinion based but it was a song sung at Reading Away 3 seasons ago in a difficult time, the 'Don't Look Back In Anger' lyrics made a lot of sense to the problems we had as a club and the way were dealing with them.

For me in that first season in the Championship playing it after wins was a nice touch, the second season got a bit tedious. This season it's largely killed the atmosphere at the end of games.

At away games there is no music played and the atmosphere is phenomenal when we win, purely the fans singing takes over the stands and the players receive ovations (the song doesn't allow this to happen).

Effectively we are no longer 'looking back in anger'

I like it. It feels like we've adopted it as an anthem. And for once it's a song that actually has meaning behind it. It hasn't been manufactured to try and be an anthem like that god awful "we love you villa we do" song.

I agree though about the fans taking over. That's ideal. But I don't think you get that at home games as much as you do at away games.

• Like 1

Â