Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Who would have thought that giving him service would help.

His first goal was a good assist. But for me the rest of the game was more than just service, his whole body language looked better than previously, his touch when dropping deep was good, his passing was sharp, he did a little back heel, a nice knock down with his head. Just looked a much more confident player. We need those levels of confidence for that hull game. 

It was a really good performance of a lone striker. O'Hare did well but I'd love to see Grealish just behind him

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

His first goal was a good assist. But for me the rest of the game was more than just service, his whole body language looked better than previously, his touch when dropping deep was good, his passing was sharp, he did a little back heel, a nice knock down with his head. Just looked a much more confident player. We need those levels of confidence for that hull game. 

It was a really good performance of a lone striker. O'Hare did well but I'd love to see Grealish just behind him

Strikers thrive on goals - you could see his confidence lift as the game went on and hopefully this is the start of a spree. 

• Like 1

Hogan was a beast out there. Whats really exciting is seeing how elmo linked up with him. With all our creative players elmo in one game has manged to show more than all of the others last season who can gel with hogan

• Like 2

Tbf to him he has started all the friendliest well....just that his fitness has improved (who would have thought that in preseason!) and the goal visibly took the pressure off him.

what a difference 45 mins can make!

14 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Tbf to him he has started all the friendliest well....just that his fitness has improved (who would have thought that in preseason!) and the goal visibly took the pressure off him.

what a difference 45 mins can make!

I didn't think he started the Shrewsbury game well at all. He barely touched the ball and defenders had an easy day. 

Completely different player today. 

He looked sharp, dangerous, quick, and really was brilliant in that 45 mins. If he plays that well in the league he'll get goals, and if he gets goals and plays that well with Kodjia in the side... I'm going to have to stop as my penis has become engorged. 

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He looked sharp, dangerous, quick, and really was brilliant in that 45 mins. If he plays that well in the league he'll get goals, and if he gets goals and plays that well with Kodjia in the side... I'm going to have to stop as my penis has become engorged. 

Think of Richards starting at CB..

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It needs training:).......composure.

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

all these little things will have a knock on effect to the growth in overall confidence.......little things like bits of improvisation will creep in......It does not surprise me at all.

but slowly, slowly we will get back to where we want to be.

players we have had doubts about, will emerge.

exciting times IMO.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Our players need to know that he should not be given a long, high ball. He is dreadful at winning a header or even jumping to attempt to reach one!

As shown today, the ball played along the floor to him is a completely different story..

Â