Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

How has it come to this? People want Gabby to start over Hogan. I give up.  Gabby is a shit Cameron Jerome these days. He will be an annoyance but won't do much else. We want to win this league not just make it difficult to play against us. 

Would help if Scott performed a bit... he's too invisible. Gabby stirred up things at least.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Would help if Scott performed a bit... he's too invisible. Gabby stirred up things at least.

Scott scores goals simples. He makes clever runs and gets in good positions and is clinical. Everyone knew this. Bruce knew this. Yet he is playing the type of football that is more suited to someone like Gabby. Kick and rush. Soak pressure and counter or play the ball along the back and hit the channels. Why spend £12m/15m on a striker if you know he will not fit your style. Hogan was invisible because he was watching the ball go over his head most of the time. Yet he still scored as many as Gabby last year for Villa in less games. What we were missing last season wasn't someone to give defenders a rough ride. We were missing goals. We can't just rely on Kodjia. 

Minds me abit of Andy Cole in his movement (Sorry 'Andrew' if you are reading this Andy).  He didnt get involved in play other than scoring goals which he as pretty good at to say the least.

Edited by HeyAnty

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Scott scores goals simples. He makes clever runs and gets in good positions and is clinical. Everyone knew this. Bruce knew this. Yet he is playing the type of football that is more suited to someone like Gabby. Kick and rush. Soak pressure and counter or play the ball along the back and hit the channels. Why spend £12m/15m on a striker if you know he will not fit your style. Hogan was invisible because he was watching the ball go over his head most of the time. Yet he still scored as many as Gabby last year for Villa in less games. What we were missing last season wasn't someone to give defenders a rough ride. We were missing goals. We can't just rely on Kodjia. 

Even if that were true - we are where we are.  A striker who is ineffective in a claret and blue shirt.  - do you play him or not ? - I certainly wouldn't start with him.  

Just now, hippo said:

Even if that were true - we are where we are.  A striker who is ineffective in a claret and blue shirt.  - do you play him or not ? - I certainly wouldn't start with him.  

Well then brace yourself for another 13th place finish. You can't rely on the same style as last season and hope Gabby comes good. It won't happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Minds me abit of Andy Cole in his movement (Sorry Andrew if you are reading this Andy).  He didnt get involved in play other than scoring goals which he as pretty good at to say the least.

I d settle for that. However one vital piece of that scenario is missing ! 

Just now, omariqy said:

Well then brace yourself for another 13th place finish. You can't rely on the same style as last season and hope Gabby comes good. It won't happen.

Agree - I m hoping Bruce signs another striker - or one of the youngsters is the 2nd coming of Gary Shaw. 

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Yeah someone to feed the proper balls to him to score

Or a player that can receive the ball, beat a defender , then take a shot on goal. (unreasonable I know) 

Watch Kjodia's goals - he most often has a defender to beat before he scores. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Or a player that can receive the ball, beat a defender , then take a shot on goal. (unreasonable I know) 

Watch Kjodia's goals - he most often has a defender to beat before he scores. 

Kjodia doesnt play off the shoulder of the defender.  Hogan does.  Two completely different types of forwards.

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Kjodia doesnt play off the shoulder of the defender.  Hogan does.  Two completely different types of forwards.

I'm not clever enough to understand that. Basically Kjodia can't beat a man and hit the target. and scored 19 goals for us last season. The others falls over, is persistently offside, Injured  or easily looses the ball to an opposition defender.......as you say Two completely different types of foward

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Be interesting to see Kodjia and Hogan play together this season. Especially if Kodjia has added some passing to his repertoire. ;)

Yes must be a dilemma for Kjodia -  Shoot or pass the ball to Hogan ? . I bet he loses hors os of sleep over that one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I'm not clever enough to understand that. Basically Kjodia can't beat a man and hit the target. and scored 19 goals for us last season. The others falls over, is persistently offside, Injured  or easily looses the ball to an opposition defender.......as you say Two completely different types of foward

Hogan scored plenty of goals last season for Brentford so wouldnt say he falls over and is always offside.  Besides he only played 5 times for villa as he was injured as you correctly stated.

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Hogan scored plenty of goals last season for Brentford so wouldnt say he falls over and is always offside.  Besides he only played 5 times for villa as he was injured as you correctly stated.

Seriously he only made 5 appearances for us last season ? 

Â