Neil Taylor

One For The Road

he made a bit of a mistake for the goal.. but Cavaleiro can do that to the best of full backs.

Made up for it for when he nutmegged a Wolves player that lead to a goal. 

I think he was probably our weakest player today. Tends to get to tight at times and balls get knocked past him. 

An area we definitely need to strength.

edit: second half he was a lot better but I think as were able to drop a bit and hit the break it helped him. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Think people are being harsh. Apart from being roasted for their goal, he was very solid against one of the better wingers in the division. Great sliding tackle in the box late on too.

He’s so much more comfortable on the ball than Hutton and because he’s left footed, gives us a natural overlap with Adomah always looking to cut in.

Still finding his match sharpness after his injury, but he’s the best left back at the club.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Cizzler said:

Think people are being harsh. Apart from being roasted for their goal, he was very solid against one of the better wingers in the division. Great sliding tackle in the box late on too.

He’s so much more comfortable on the ball than Hutton and because he’s left footed, gives us a natural overlap with Adomah always looking to cut in.

Still finding his match sharpness after his injury, but he’s the best left back at the club.

You are bang on with that. He's also the worst left back at the club. Left back with the most assists at the club and left back with the least assists at the club. Scored the most goals of any left back at the club but also scored the least goals of any left back at the club. He's either a real enigma or the only left back at the club! :D

He did more than ok. He'll face worse players than Cavaleiro in international football and in the PL and got him subbed. I said in the Adomah thread but I'll say it again. Taylor and Adomah kept Cavaleiro and Doherty quiet and for me that was always going to be a key area. Adomah and Hutton got a bit of a roasting down that side in the game at Molineux.

He aint pretty on the ball that's for sure but he knows where to stand and what his job is, and for me he offers a little more to Grealish and Adomah further up the pitch than Hutton - even though, even I'll have to admit Hutton has done a sterling job at times this season.

On 3/11/2018 at 11:29, Dr_Pangloss said:

I didn't think he was awful to be fair, he had a hard time with Cavaleiro in the first half but I don't think Hutton would have done much better against him.

Yep, to clarify I'm saying he is awful in general.

Vs Wolves I think he did fine. Although his passing was still incredibly ropey.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, to clarify I'm saying he is awful in general.

Vs Wolves I think he did fine. Although his passing was still incredibly ropey.

I think his confidence is shot too, having RB Hutton play ahead of him. He looks scared out there.

1 hour ago, KSV said:

is he out injured for Bolton? who else can play LB? Dont be Bikir just to put him in the side. He needs to replace Mile at CM. 

Clark or Bree?

Hutton.....

• 3 weeks later...

Taylor is a good solid defender but jesus going forward he is diabolical. i though cissokho was bad but taylor is worse 

His shot yesterday was so bad it end up going for a throw on, i think even i could have got it closer to the goal than he did. it was quite hilarious that shot though :lol:

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Taylor is a good solid defender but jesus going forward he is diabolical. i though cissokho was bad but taylor is worse 

His shot yesterday was so bad it end up going for a throw on, i think even i could have got it closer to the goal than he did. it was quite hilarious that shot though :lol:

In fairness to him (although I agree he isn't great going forward)...that shot you're referring to wasn't exactly easy. It would of taken all of an accomplished strikers ability to hit the target in that exact circumstance as a left footed player. He's tried to hit it with outside of foot as it cam at him and just caught it wrong.....you're right though, it was hilarious!

Especially as the Reading fans started shouting 'shoot' every time he touched the ball afterwards !

• Haha 1

Â