Neil Taylor

One For The Road

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'd happily play left back for Villa for 1000 quid a week and a company car

£1500 if you agree to drive Drinkwater around until he gets his licence back.

Just now, Tom13 said:

Knockaert will do that to plenty of full backs.

He'll do it some, for sure, but if managers - and it is now multiple managers, at more than one club - thought he would regularly do it in the Premier League, to Premier League full backs, he wouldn't be on loan at Fulham. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I really thought the notion that Taylor was some sort of reliable defensive figure at this level would have evaporated at the sight of him helpfully showing the Championship's Anthony Knockaert onto his favoured foot on the edge of the penalty area the other day, but I guess old impressions can be hard to budge. 

He is a good solid defender....apparently, anytime....EVERYTIME a wide man gets near him he backs of 5 yards with each passing step and passes them off to the midfielder covering...but he is solid defensively.

Even the Liverpool lad in year 10 gave him a roasting.

• Haha 1

He's literally unable to cross the ball, honestly can't remember him creating even one goal for us from wingback and he so often negates all our play down the left side.Such a frustrating player to watch, he's not even a solid defender really. 

Edited by The Other Mat
  • Like 2

Just now, AVTuco said:

Been here long enough to know that you lads never change your minds or admit you're wrong, but here I go:

I'd rather have a full back who knows how to defend than one who knows how to attack.

Sadly Taylor is not that player.

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Been here long enough to know that you lads never change your minds or admit you're wrong, but here I go:

I'd rather have a full back who knows how to defend than one who knows how to attack.

The new system though is a wing back system not full back so attacking is as important. Chelsea won the title with Moses and Alonso at wing back 

• Like 1

Targett is such a better player it's unbelievable. Everything breaks down on the left hand side of the pitch when Taylor plays.

Surely we have a kid in the u23's who's better than Taylor going forward?

Who's our u23 left back?

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, The Other Mat said:

He's literally unable to cross the ball, honestly can't remember him creating even one goal for us from wingback and he so often negates all our play down the left side.Such a frustrating player to watch, he's not even a solid defender really. 

Your right , every time he has the ball wide ( generally a nice weighed pass from Jack who has drawn in the defenders ) all he has to do his hit a ball into the box and EVERY time he hits one in with the power of a under 9 player.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nabby said:

Your right , every time he has the ball wide ( generally a nice weighed pass from Jack who has drawn in the defenders ) all he has to do his hit a ball into the box and EVERY time he hits one in with the power of a under 9 player.

I reckon some under 9s can probably get the ball to lift off the ground. 

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He is decent to defend though.

Remember how Adama embarrassed Targett? When Taylor came on he did a decent job on him. 

Adama is embarrassing lots of left backs at the moment. Taylor lost the ball in that same game and it resulted in Adama setting up Jimenez for their second. 

14 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I'd agree with you

if it was 1993

• Like 2

Â