Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The new lads need time - it's hard throwing in a whole new midfield - that said tonight was worse than anyone could expect .

I agree Eastie. Has anyone ever started a complete new midfield in the middle of a season before? It was a risky decision by Bruce and it didn't come off. However defensively we were garbage, James Chester who has been great up to tonight had a mare. These things happen, but they need game time together and will improve. Promotion this season is looking increasingly unlikely, but if we can finish the season strongly we will have the basis of a well bedded in team for next season. There seems to a lot of throwing out of the baby with the bath water tonight. Patience might be in short supply after what we've been through in the last few years, but we have to find a bit more yet. 

There's not one player I could single out yesterday as being the worst, they were all pathetic and so embarrassing, I don't mind losing 3-0 to anyone, that happens sometimes in football, but the performance of every player was the worst I've ever seen, including 8-0 loss to Chelsea.

Did an amazing impression of Gardner /Westwood ( insert any other recent invisible midfielder to play for us ) 

In fairness he has not played for 6 weeks so not sure he should of even started so thats on Bruce IMO

• Like 1

I gave up watching at half time and watched Game of Thrones instead, but the half I did see he looked a yard slow and caught on his heels to often. We were overpowered in midfield and outfought. Like Hourihane I won't write him off just yet though, he needs time to get up to speed and know his team mates.

Got to be one of the worst debuts I’ve ever seen.  Bruce has to take responsibility as he looked so far off the pace it was unbelievable.  When we didn’t have the ball he wasn’t even getting close to the opposition, when we had the ball, he was hiding and not showing for the ball.  It looked as if his job was to get near Kodja but he was didn’t get near.  Second half he was just jogging around the centre of the park without any idea or clue where to be.

I’m always sceptical when we sign a player who can play anywhere across the midfield.  Best case scenario you end up with a James Milner, worse case you have a Brett Holman.

• Like 1

He just needs time to get up to speed. With the winter break in Switzerland he hasn't played any competetive football for a while. Bruce shouldn't have started him last night but I wouldn't rule him out against Forest. We don't even know if Jedinak is fit do we.

The poor bloke shouldn't have been on the pitch. I have no opinion on him as a player yet, I'll pretty much consider his next match his debut.

We had a midfield that barely knew what colour shirt they were playing in, or the name of the guys playing next to them, they were set up to fail.

• Like 2

Â