Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

Searching questions and deep analysis of why he's garbage are needed, stat! 

(Sarcasm for those who are trying to hunt down the searching questions)

Edited by Wezbid

Think he is going to take time to used to the pace of the league which is clearly very different to what he's used to. Reminds me a bit of Sanchez in that he's just taking far too long to do simple stuff. Every player coming from abroad reacts differently and uou never know until you throw them in but for me he looks significantly off the pace. 

Yes he defended well but I'm really surprised Bruce is shoehorning him into starting games, think the slowly slowly approach would benefit player and team much more.

Absolutley not saying he's a stiff just that he's not going to be an instant win for us. 

• Like 2

He should improve over time and be a decent player for us. The question is what his best position is. Early days but based on yesterday he's perhaps a much better version of Bacuna in the sense that he runs around a lot and can play in different positions, however unlike Bacuna he can actually control a football and not give simple passes away anywhere near as frequently. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Sees him as chiefly a central player, instantly changes the system and plays him as left wing back :blink:

Think he only played there because taylor was ill - I'd expect Taylor at wing back on Saturday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Rather bjarnason than amavi - amavi needed to be benched - I thought bjarnason was ok last night in fairness.

Amavi has been in poor form, as all our players.

But I think Amavi might excel in the wing back position. Or not...

Birkir did OK in an unfamiliar position

• Like 1

On 2/5/2017 at 18:13, theboyangel said:

I think that's going to be the issue with bjarnesson. 

bruce will use his adaptability and throw him into several positions and he won't settle in one particular position. 

Utility player.:)

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Utility player.:)

Yep I think that's why we signed him. Bruce had talked about only bringing in players that would improve the first team and mainly he has done so. But then I think the results started turning against him, and he realised how big this task was. He had a word with Tony and they agreed that we wouldn't go up this year. As such he set about improving the squad not just the first team. He saw the chance to get Bjarnasson at a good price for someone who can fill the squad in numerous positions.

Â