Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because somebody on an internet forum said he is crap

Please reread my posts (plural). I posted two basel fan's opinion of him, and mentioned there were others. This isn't just one person on an internet forum saying he is bad, this is the majority of the fanbase. The majority of the fans are happy because apparently they have some winger who is decent waiting for his chance. Plus they get a decent amount for him. 

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Please reread my posts (plural). I posted two basel fan's opinion of him, and mentioned there were others. This isn't just one person on an internet forum saying he is bad, this is the majority of the fanbase. The majority of the fans are happy because apparently they have some winger who is decent waiting for his chance. Plus they get a decent amount for him. 

yes but you could go into any player thread here and it will have similar comments. People praise Westwood and criticise Kodjia on here it doesnt mean its true

I really wouldnt bother what Basel fans think especially if this winger was so good he would have been ahead of him in the pecking order the last 18 months

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Sorry, but I am a little worried. It seems he is a very frustrating player and that is in the Swiss league. I am not sure if he can do a job for us. I am reading numerous poor reviews of him. 

Don't worry about it mate, he'll either be good, or not, or somewhere in between! I think you could pick any villa player and there would be positive and negative praise/comments on here... even for our better/worse players. Let's just make our own mind up :)

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

yes but you could go into any player thread here and it will have similar comments. People praise Westwood and criticise Kodjia on here it doesnt mean its true

I really wouldnt bother what Basel fans think especially if this winger was so good he would have been ahead of him in the pecking order the last 18 months

This is essentially the same as us selling Westwood to some club, then some of their supporters reads our message board and see overwhelming amounts of negativity towards westwood and happiness that we sold him, then decides, well he was keeping Tshibola out of the XI so he must be good then. 

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

This is essentially the same as us selling Westwood to some club, then some of their supporters reads our message board and see overwhelming amounts of negativity towards westwood and happiness that we sold him, then decides, well he was keeping Tshibola out of the XI so he must be good then. 

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

I am sorry that is a poor comparison and frankly doesnt make much sense

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I just want to see one atomic strike go in. When was the last time we had one of those? Hitz - West Brom 2003 maybe...

Come on man, that was even before the MON era. I remember crackers from well outside the box from Carew, Sidwell, Milner, Lowton, Benteke.. but most of all Petrov v Derby which won goal of the season!

I'm sure there's plenty more

Sounds more to me that FC Basel fans are like every fans of a big club..

FC Basel have won the Swiss Super League 7 years in row.. When they complain about a player being shit it's likely similar to Man Utd fans calling Rooney shit, he'd still walk into almost any side in the world.

Now I'm not saying Thor is one of the greatest players in the world, he's likely just good but winning the league as many times as FC Basel do likely raises fan standards absurdly high.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

I am sorry that is a poor comparison and frankly doesnt make much sense

Okay apparently you struggle with comprehension so I'll dumb down my post for you.

Basel fans think very poorly of Bjarnason. This is well documented across various forums. Basel fans say that he is very selfish, kills plays, and rarely impacts matches. He does however pop up with just enough goals and assists which is why he starts. Basel fans think they could be doing better if Bjarnason was not starting. 

Westwood rarely looks good in a Villa shirt, but does just enough to keep getting matches mostly down to how poor the other options are. Westwood is disliked on our forums just like Bjarnason is on their forums.

So here is my comparison so please pay attention: If we sold Westwood to say Burnley, we'd be happy much like Basel fans are happy that they sold him to us. Now if a Burnley fan came to our forums to learn more about Westwood, they'd likely see an overwhelming amount of hostility towards Westwood, and likely see us saying we mugged them off with this transfer. Now any sane human would see that and get worried, but if you choose to ignore the overwhelming amount of negative posts and only look at the few positive ones, then we have you. That is what you are doing. 

All I am doing is taking that information from one forum, and presenting it to another. 

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Okay apparently you struggle with comprehension so I'll dumb down my post for you.

Basel fans think very poorly of Bjarnason. This is well documented across various forums. Basel fans say that he is very selfish, kills plays, and rarely impacts matches. He does however pop up with just enough goals and assists which is why he starts. Basel fans think they could be doing better if Bjarnason was not starting. 

Westwood rarely looks good in a Villa shirt, but does just enough to keep getting matches mostly down to how poor the other options are. Westwood is disliked on our forums just like Bjarnason is on their forums.

So here is my comparison so please pay attention: If we sold Westwood to say Burnley, we'd be happy much like Basel fans are happy that they sold him to us. Now if a Burnley fan came to our forums to learn more about Westwood, they'd likely see an overwhelming amount of hostility towards Westwood, and likely see us saying we mugged them off with this transfer. Now any sane human would see that and get worried, but if you choose to ignore the overwhelming amount of negative posts and only look at the few positive ones, then we have you. That is what you are doing. 

All I am doing is taking that information from one forum, and presenting it to another. 

Yeah.... I recall someone doing similar when we signed Benteke as all the Genk fans thought they'd ripped us off getting just under £5m.

I think there is very very little point placing any value in fans views in these circumstances.

7 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

and my point was that I wouldnt take anybody opinion on an internet forum seriously no matter who they support. Football fans in general are idiots (fine folks on here excluded ;) )

Edited by Zatman

Players nearly always seem to be instantly that much worse when they leave a club. lmagine Burnley fans reading the Matt Lowton thread for example. Now he's a league above in a well drilled defence.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah.... I recall someone doing similar when we signed Benteke as all the Genk fans thought they'd ripped us off getting just under £5m.

I think there is very very little point placing any value in fans views in these circumstances.

But for every Benteke there is a Holman, Helenius, Kozak, Bowery, Sinclair, etc. 

Thank you for posting @Czechlad.

I really liked him at the Euros, he was the stand out performer for me in that legendary Iceland team. However I appreciate that the fans who watch him every week might have something different to add, but also I'm always willing to give every player the right opportunity to succeed when they pull on the shirt. 

Also, sometimes, fans love a scapegoat. For every Westwood there's a Baker, who just needs the right setting in which to succeed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Players nearly always seem to be instantly that much worse when they leave a club. lmagine Burnley fans reading the Matt Lowton thread for example. Now he's a league above in a well drilled defence.

Another fine example.

Who knows, Birkir might be shit, but I'm really glad we've signed him seeing as I wanted him in the summer. 

Â