Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Surely he won’t want to waste a season at his stage of career. I imagine he will go out on loan somewhere. I could actually see him at Fulham. I think he would be well suited to them. Maybe we could use him as part swap for Anguissa!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Surely he won’t want to waste a season at his stage of career. I imagine he will go out on loan somewhere. I could actually see him at Fulham. I think he would be well suited to them. Maybe we could use him as part swap for Anguissa!

I think Fulham will give promotion another crack and so will keep their side together for this season at least. 

1 hour ago, RichiBoi11 said:

He's definitely good enough technically to be a premier league player, but I think it's the speed and intensity that's just too much for him. He's been a fantastic servant and I hope he gets a move to somewhere he will be first choice before the window closes.

I agree.

Its like Stamina, seems to evade him....you have to have a pair of lungs in this league...amongst many other things.

but his passing is still very good.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree.

Its like Stamina, seems to evade him....you have to have a pair of lungs in this league...amongst many other things.

but his passing is still very good.

He doesn't have the stomach for 50/50 challenges and that has always been a problem with him. 

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's a little odd we cup tied him if were looking to offload him though.  Would make him SLIGHTLY less attractive you would think.

Tbf I think his attractiveness is the least of his problems 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886dmiz6euck85nteo3sq

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Brilliant last night and throughout his whole Villa career. He's been a model professional and is one of the main reasons Aston Villa is back in the Premier League where we belong.

His passing and workrate last night were superb; best moment for me was when Lindley lost possession out of position at right back and Hourihane busted a gut to get back and help him out in the last few minutes. Proper leadership right there.

I would love Hourihane to be a part of the squad this season, especially with 9 subs in games. He's always a player that can pull something out of the bag with an assist or a set piece. Unfortunately I imagine he want's game time and it's what he deserves, could be a huge asset for a team.

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He doesn't have the stomach for 50/50 challenges and that has always been a problem with him. 

There's plenty of centre midfielders that don't. Luiz isn't exactly the best at it yet we all bang on about having a strong CDM to have next to him so he doesn't have to do it. Hourihane is a box to box midfielder, who is better in an attacking role.

Hourihane played out of position in the CDM role for us in the Championship to great effect at times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think he will now stay and also play a few games this season in the PL especially if we aren’t getting another midfielder in. 

I think he is way down the list, probably 6th choice at this stage

19 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Looks like he was out on the pitch post game today, with his family. May be a farewell, and something in the offing for a move. May result in activity inbound for us. Who knows! 

tenor.gif

He's probably already got a move lined up, but apparently Jokanović has hinted that if Sheffield United don't bring in new players like he was promised he will quit, so wouldn't be surprised to see them make a move for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Looks like he was out on the pitch post game today, with his family. May be a farewell, and something in the offing for a move. May result in activity inbound for us. Who knows! 

This could be stage one for his coaching badge maybe?

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Can't have been too happy to see a 17 year old and a 36 year old fullback start ahead of him.

Probably can't risk him getting injured if he's off on loan. 

Â