Sam Johnstone

StefanAVFC

19 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

I think only Carson runs him close in recent memory. 

I still have nightmares. 

I remember a period when there seemed to be a concerted effort from the coaching staff to get Scott to come off his line. Pre match, rather than the normal shot stopping, they would be puttimg crosses in. 

My abiding memory of him came in a game against Portsmouth at Villa Park. Portsmouth were shooting towards the Holte end and i was sat in K5, right in the center. Their keeper punted a long ball up field, it was flicked on and Sully Muntari was running on to it. Scott Carson went full pelt out to meet it, got about 18 yards out and just froze. Muntari casually lobed it over him, game over. 

14 hours ago, av1 said:

I still have nightmares. 

I remember a period when there seemed to be a concerted effort from the coaching staff to get Scott to come off his line. Pre match, rather than the normal shot stopping, they would be puttimg crosses in. 

My abiding memory of him came in a game against Portsmouth at Villa Park. Portsmouth were shooting towards the Holte end and i was sat in K5, right in the center. Their keeper punted a long ball up field, it was flicked on and Sully Muntari was running on to it. Scott Carson went full pelt out to meet it, got about 18 yards out and just froze. Muntari casually lobed it over him, game over. 

Same game he came out and smashed it against Reo-Coker and the ball ended up in the net I think? That was an awful game.:D

21 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

This might help you Hippo:-

6-Common-Words-That-People-Often-Use-Spe

This is now an epidemic isn't it?

Just like "I am a strong, independent WOMEN" instead of woman etc.lol

I see these things all the time now and cringe haha!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is now an epidemic isn't it?

Just like "I am a strong, independent WOMEN" instead of woman etc.lol

I see these things all the time now and cringe haha!

My Mrs says seen instead of saw. Does my head in. Been together nearly 4 years and I've only just stopped bothering to correct her. 

• Like 1

bit off topic, but my brother always used to say, "let me tell you a question" 

WHAT IN SATAN'S NUTSACK IS THAT?

Anyway, finishing these last few games is important to keep morale up going into the off season, a continuing loss streak will just create a needless overhang of misery. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rodders said:

That's perfectly fine. 'Tell' just means to communicate. To relay information. So it's valid to tell someone a question.

10 hours ago, Rodders said:

WHAT IN SATAN'S NUTSACK IS THAT?

9 hours ago, darrenm said:

That's perfectly fine. 'Tell' just means to communicate. To relay information. So it's valid to tell someone a question.

A pedant writes: it is possible to collocate 'tell' with 'a question', as in 'let me tell you a question John asked me last week, you won't believe how dumb it was!' However, it's a very weak collocation and it doesn't have the same meaning as 'ask a question' for the very obvious reason that 'tell' and 'ask' are not synonyms. 

On Sam Johnstone, I hope we don't sign him and Allan MacGregor seems a much better bet to me. 

• Like 3

Two more really dodgy bits of handling today. The low cross he fumbled for a corner (which I thought had gone in for half a second from the Holte), and that punch back into the centre of the pitch from a long throw. I don't mind punching but he can't punch. Worries me. 

• Like 1

The punch was shockingly bad and nearly put us in a lot of trouble. But the biggest problem is he just doesn't command his area at all, you can feel tye lack of confidence the defence has in him.

If we buy him in the summer then I'm all for developing him ourselves and seeing if he can step up a little. But if he's only available on loan then get rid and go for some experience on loan or buy our own youngster. Loans should reap instant reward or there is no benefit to us at all.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Maybe it was just me, but I thought he was fine today

Well they only had one shot on target. Can we keep the shots down to such a level against the better teams 

Â